Author Topic: K5 Help  (Read 1391 times)

Offline climbku86

K5 Help
« on: March 01, 2020, 11:53:36 AM »
Hi guys. I have an 86 with a Lectron, rubber elbow and pod filter. The elbow vibrated off at the MX track and I am sure that I got dirt into the carb. Sandblaster helped me come up with the idea of building an aluminum fitting to solve this. Fast forward to today.... I could not turn the crack when I tried to start the bike. I though it was locked but eventually it would decompress and I could actually hear the hiss of it releasing compression as I stood on the kicker. I took out the plug and it was FILLED with fuel. I drained the fuel out of the cylinder and then looked at the Lectron to find out why. The bowl was stuck (probably from the dirt) and I had left the peacock on for 2 weeks . I cleaned the carb and then tried to start again. It literally took 20+ wide open kicks to start it. I got it warmed up and it did idle fine after that. I could not rev it out however. I noticed I wasn't creating enough vacuum to pull from the powerjet (I can see the fuel in the powerjet fuel line on the Lectron). Maybe there is some dirt stuck in the powerjet? I was also smoking excessively and I now have oil leaking from around the governor area. Did I blow a seal from trying to kick with so much compression from too much fuel? Any ideas?