Author Topic: Oil coming out of the end of the exhaust on my new 2020 KX85  (Read 2418 times)

Offline cbargs

Oil coming out of the end of the exhaust on my new 2020 KX85
« on: September 30, 2019, 10:20:10 AM »
My son and I just started riding this summer, and I bought him a new 2020 KX85 a week ago.  He's not riding it real hard yet, and only has about 6 hours on it.  After riding for a few hours this weekend I noticed there was a lot of oil coming out of the end of the exhaust, so much that it was dripping down on the swing arm.  I'm using the oil the dealership suggested and mixing it 32:1 like they said to do.  I am not mechanically inclined, so will take it in to the service department at dealership sometime this week... but just wanted to see if this is normal... an easy fix... or a big problem? Any help or tips are appreciated, Thanks!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Oil coming out of the end of the exhaust on my new 2020 KX85
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
 I'm sure it's jetted quite rich, comin off the showroom floor. If you're at all familiar with workin on carbs, and what jets control which parts of the throttle range, then jetting it more precisely is pretty easy to do on your own, and fun. If not, hopefully you know a trusted friend that is good with tuning/jetting carbs, to save you several bucks from having the dealer do it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline cbargs

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 06:37:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply!  I wish I knew more about carbs and working on bikes in general, but will probably end up taking it in to the dealer.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:10:15 AM »
That may be your safest bet...as trying to assist someone jetting their bike over the internet, is not the way to do it. You want to be hands on...as things can get ugly and expensive quickly, if you go too lean and fry your new bike.

Where are you located?...maybe someone on here is close to you that can help you get it jetted.

Another good site to join, is Sandblaster's forum...he's also a very trusted member on here. He had a bunch of awesome "how-to's" posted at one time on his forum, not sure if he still does.

http://www.oem-cycle.com/forum/index.php
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ