Author Topic: Hebo hydraulic clutch  (Read 5419 times)

KaTooMer

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« on: April 24, 2004, 12:56:06 AM »
I've had a couple rides now with this cool add-on, and it's sweet. Take a look:

http://www.john-stichnoth.com/Hebo.html

Good stuff.

mikesmith

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 07:33:57 AM »
Great job on the write up!

KaTooMer

Hebo Update January 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 05:31:40 AM »
Just wanted to mention that I updated the Hebo hydraulic clutch page on my website (use the same link above). Had a couple of small issues with it last month; nothing major but worth mentioning.

JDRooster

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 11:44:10 PM »
Dude, Your website rocks! Great descriptions of all the mods you have done. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Offline Timbowe

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 10:16:10 AM »
Also check the Magura Jack Hyd clutch kit. I rin this { and am absolutly impressed with] this item. 100 out of 100. Promblem free. Excelent lever feel and lightens up the 500 heavy pull.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 03:44:08 PM »
Quote from: Timbowe
Also check the Magura Jack Hyd clutch kit. I rin this { and am absolutly impressed with] this item. 100 out of 100. Promblem free. Excelent lever feel and lightens up the 500 heavy pull.

That is something I've thought about trying on my 500. I have not yet justified the price though. I really am not a fan of bleeding a clutch. But if there is never a need, I might give it a shot when the misses gives me the $$$'s to do so. lol  :D

Offline Timbowe

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 07:32:23 PM »
I had an issue with the slave cylinder rod that pulls the clutch arm. I was supplied an early model with thinner rod which eventually snapped! Allthough not too far from the ute (truck). Sent away for the new model slave cylinder with updated rod size. Got it here for around $75 US. started to look at how it was gonna be fitted and bled up. Ahh no bleed valve...? Sooo just unscrewed the fluid line, screwed it on to the new cylinder, took the lid off the reseviour, toped up the level, pointed it downhill (so fluid flows in and air can not be pumped through), and that was job done. No worries at all! The Magura has been trouble free and providing a constant effortless pull for near on 100 hours use.

Totally recomend hydraulic clutches. Same all the time every time. Luxury. Talk sweetly to your mrs bro.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline Spider

Hebo hydraulic clutch
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 12:16:30 AM »
I have a magura on my K5 with the same problem as Timbowe. 5 rides on the first slave 2 rides on the second one (the same thin rod on both) they both broke where the rod is threaded to take a nipple. Fixed it by brazing an insert for a small air line onto the rod. 20 rides no problems. Two fingered clutching sure cuts down on forearm cramps after a day in the woods.

Dale