Author Topic: Surging  (Read 5104 times)

Offline maxfli11

Re: Surging
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 05:36:25 AM »
Glad ya got it figured out...but it sounds like you should really take some, and go over that thing completely, to be sure you don't have any more unpleasant surprises, that could potentially end your riding season temporarily.  :wink:

I just missed getting that clamp put back tight. I just cleaned up the top end and put new gaskets on it. Cometic with a little red sealant. If its coming from the head gasket and i have to take it back off, I'll have it checked for true and put a compression release it it. It's killing my right arch. If i get to running hare scrambles with dead engine starts, it will be invaluable. I also need rear shock rebuilt with heavier spring. I got about 3400 in it as it sits. I hate to get in it more than i can get out of it. I'm looking for pressure test set up online now.

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 04:26:44 AM »
Glad ya got it figured out...but it sounds like you should really take some, and go over that thing completely, to be sure you don't have any more unpleasant surprises, that could potentially end your riding season temporarily.  :wink:

Yea, like when the washer that goes over the air filter cage wing bolt, fell off the bolt when I was trying to reinstall the air filter and said washer fell down inside the air intake boot, and guess where it ultimately traveled....  :-(
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 04:46:51 AM »
Yea, like when the washer that goes over the air filter cage wing bolt, fell off the bolt when I was trying to reinstall the air filter and said washer fell down inside the air intake boot, and guess where it ultimately traveled....  :-(

hahaaa!...good times right there!  :evil:
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
Polar-Bus, hiya, just been reading this thread. What is it with us 2-stroke guys?
Or is it something about the attraction between the tops of pistons and any manner of small metal parts via the intake?
It's always a foregone conclusion where the part in question ends up, but it's also an expensive combination. . .

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 11:57:23 PM »
Polar-Bus, hiya, just been reading this thread. What is it with us 2-stroke guys?
Or is it something about the attraction between the tops of pistons and any manner of small metal parts via the intake?
It's always a foregone conclusion where the part in question ends up, but it's also an expensive combination. . .

Had no idea my a/f washer fell down inside the intake boot. It wasn't until the next riding season , I was up in Jackman ME blasting some logging roads when all of a sudden I heard a loud "tinging" noise for about 4 seconds and the engine bogged down and died. Engine had lost compression but still turned over smooth, so not a seizure. Tore the engine down and low and behold a mangled 6mm washer was sitting on top of the crank journal. Took me a while to figure out where that washer came from. The cylinder ports were badly chunked but US Chrome did an OUTSTANDING job repairing my port bridges and re-plating. The dropped washer was a $400 bill...  :roll:
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart