Author Topic: Warp 9 wheels  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Warp 9 wheels
« on: March 09, 2019, 03:37:21 PM »
Ok, need a little help. Bought some warp 9’s for the 500. I have wanted them for a long time and finally bought a set. This is my first set of these, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. This is not a buyer’s remorse rant. They are really nice wheels. Front wheel went pretty smoothly, other than the new spacers were not right. It was ok, the stock ones worked out just fine. For those of you who have not bought a set, they come preassembled with brakes and bearings mounted. Spacers are ziptyed on a spoke. Completely customizable.

The back wheel, I picked, is wider than stock at 2.5” but still a 19”. When I moved onto the back wheel, I found no bead lock hole. I really did not want to drill a hole in these bad boys. After checking the wheel for the invisible hole several times, I got up the nerve to locate and drill out for it. In the search for info about how and where, I at least caught the info of me needing a proper bead lock for the new wider wheel. After a few days, I get the 2.5 bead lock and start mounting the tire. It’s a process, to not scratch the hell out of your new wheels. Anyways, to the point. The rear bearings are a bigger ID that would surely be for the new bigger axles. For the 500, they supply aluminum bushing/spacers. It is a conversion to bigger ID bearings. By looking at them, it looks like I can replace with the OEM sized bearings, seals and spacers. I’m sure this conversion works, but for one, I like bearings riding on the axle better than smaller bearings riding on aluminum. Two, I am not sure what the replacement bearing is with this. I saw Sandblaster had some responses to some questions about warp 9’s when I searched but no one asking about getting away from that conversion. Can I swap these back to OEM sizes? I really don’t want to knock these bearings out of my new wheel if that will not work.

Offline alward25

Re: Warp 9 wheels
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 07:01:38 PM »
No, you need to run the spacer adapters and replace with KX450f bearings.  I remove them and grease them.  No wheel bearing comes with the proper amount of grease.
"Let there be light"