Author Topic: wossner piston rings  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Abbott

wossner piston rings
« on: February 08, 2019, 01:27:56 AM »
Hey guys. wanted to replace my piston rings before the new season. Bike has a wossner piston in there now. Where do you guys recommend getting new rings from?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: wossner piston rings
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 02:37:48 AM »
I've always gone straight to the source  https://wossnerpistons.com/ 
...but I think Sandblaster and Alward25 used to sell Wossner products too...you can try givin them a PM.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Abbott

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 02:42:48 AM »
I did send wossner an email this morning. See what they say. Ill hit up sandblaster also

Offline Abbott

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 08:08:35 AM »
Yeah sure enough my end gap is ~.022-.023". Definitely need rings. I dont have a lot of hours on this top end and i noticed some very small pit marks on the cylinder wall. Not too happy about that. Also see the crank is covered in oil. Need to see if thats transmission oil or if the petcock didnt seal right and its 2 stroke oil left over after the gas dissolved? Everything always turns into a bigger job hahah

Offline Abbott

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 08:11:31 AM »
Pits

Offline Abbott

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 08:47:19 AM »
Well its not tranny oil. That is the bright green motul oil. The oil on the crank is kinda jelly like so i think its old fuel