Author Topic: Exhaust troubles then some  (Read 3202 times)

Offline smalls

Exhaust troubles then some
« on: July 06, 2018, 05:33:51 PM »
So I came upon a kx500 a few years back and rode it a few times and the motor blew. So it sat on the shelf for a couple years
 while i finished some other projects. I recently started getting serious and recently refreshed the motor. I decided I wanted to do a complete restore on it. However I've hit a couple roadblocks. The previous owner blended a few Honda parts into it  :oops:. So I was hoping someone on this site might be able to help me out by posting a picture of the exhaust side with at least the seat, rear fender, and exhaust side plate off. More plastic off the better though.

Offline funkj

Re: Exhaust troubles then some
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 09:56:22 AM »
Be patient, someone will be along to help you, unfortunately I can't. This site is by far the most useful forum I've been in terms of sharing/helping others.  :wink:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 02:03:02 AM »
I don't have my exhaust on but I do have all the other parts removed that you wanted to see  :lol:

http://www.oem-cycle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=1478

If you need the exhaust hooked up I can slip a top end off and mock it up.
Likely I can't do it until later Monday.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline manco

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 07:57:22 AM »
So I was hoping someone on this site might be able to help me out by posting a picture of the exhaust side with at least the seat, rear fender, and exhaust side plate off. More plastic off the better though.
Check out my build thread. Scroll down a bit. There is a picture of the engine in the frame with exhaust pipe. Down further is a pic of the bike assembled except no tank, seat, rear triangle or related parts.

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,16343.0.html

I will be messing with my kx500 soon. I will get a pic showing rear triangle, silencer, and related parts.
"Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose.”
― Baltasar Gracián