Author Topic: Hydraulic Clutch  (Read 18275 times)

Offline bob larry

Re: Hydraulic Clutch
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
Great pic!  So what to people do to make that work.  Looks like an adapter is needed to get it on the engine lever

2001 KX500

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 02:34:06 AM »
Great pic!  So what to people do to make that work.  Looks like an adapter is needed to get it on the engine lever

No, there is an adapter-deal that they send with it. Same as my pic. I did have to make a bushing that I had to put a flat side on for clearance, so it was basically more like the end of the stock cable. I had no trouble really getting the slave cylinder mounted. It just leaked a little with every squeeze.

Offline Uzi9mm

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 06:32:19 AM »
I ordered the Jack kit for a 2002 KX500.  The kit includes some hardware to hook the actuator to the clutch arm.  From what I've read most guys just modify as needed to make everything work.  I found complaints about leaks here and on thumpertalk.  Seems like a lot of guys end up going back to a cable setup.  For 200+ Magura should include a bushing / slave setup thats bike specific.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:36:22 AM by Uzi9mm »
Fear the government that fears your gun.

Offline Uzi9mm

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:08 AM »
  Anyone try an ASV perch and lever? 

I use the ASV clutch perch and lever on my KX500AF.  I use a CRF450R Honda brake master cylinder and ASV lever.  The brake hose comes out of the back side of the Honda master cylinder and clears the Cycra hand guards.  I bought the shorty version for clearance on the hand guards.  They work great and I'm happy with them.
Pictures at the end of this post.  http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,4784.0.html

Thanks Danger,  thats a cool setup.  I'm having some clearance issues too, with cycra probends.  Does the pull feel any better with the ASV setup?
Fear the government that fears your gun.

Offline wickedwon

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 04:52:18 AM »
Have been using one for 5yrs. had to make spacer & bolt,just take your time with the install. kits never fit, we ride "500,s" not mainstreem 4 strokes,were a little differnt.  no money in making parts for the few of use left.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 06:55:37 AM »
It does feels better because of the bearing but the amount it takes to pull is about same.  It pivots away from the handle bar in the event of a crash and the ability to adjust the lever to your hand/comfort zone that I like.

No big name companies are making after market parts for the K5.  The day of 20 year runs without much change, on the manufacture of dirt bikes is over.  They are a different bike every year.  That makes it hard for the after marker industry to tool up.  I don't think Magura ever made a KX500 specific hyd. clutch set up. 
KX 500 Rider

Offline Oxektmracer

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 12:48:05 PM »
Guys,

Here's my issue, I bought the magura conversion for my 2001 kx500 installed it and bleed it 3 times, start the bike up and the clutch doesn't want to disengage. Okay no big deal since it's a used bike and I've rode it before this conversion with the oil coming out pretty sparkely I figured the clutches were probably worn. I tore the case apart replaced the clutch pack and covered it back up and topped her off and fired it up. Once I cranked it and pulled the clutch in the bike would do the normal jerk, good sign, let the clutch out slowly waiting for it to grab and it barely grabs at all. I called magura and let them know the issues and their response is it is probably not a large enough reservoir and that I need the 10.5, however looking at all their specs it recommends the one that I have installed. Kinda lost on the next step to get this beast back in the dirt other than switching back to the trusty cable and realize I just burnt my wallet of 250$$

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »
I don't have an answer for you maybe one of the guys using a hydraulic clutch can chime in.
I hate dropping the coin for something that doesn't work.
KX 500 Rider

Offline kyser777

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 02:24:51 PM »
According to the magura 2017 catalogue the KX500 from 1990 until 2003 uses

the HYMEC system 2100004 - the 0412310 attachment nipple and three spacer washers
0451530 are also required for fitment to this model.

I just would like to know the kit model you bought guys

thanks

Offline Green Flash

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2018, 08:00:58 AM »
Ive been using the magura jack on both my kx500 and to me, its way better than the cable it came with.