Author Topic: Lights?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline machine

Lights?
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:42:07 AM »
Have any of you guys put lights on your KX5's???
I was on Ricky Stator's site, and it looks like a 45 watt stator for the KX5 is only $39 bucks? Can this be right?
Is that all that is needed beside the light???

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
RE: Lights?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 01:05:33 PM »
I use a moose stator , moose voltage regulator and acerbis number plate/light with tungston bulbs. I forgot the prices , sorry. The stock stator plate has the mounting holes , but the moose stator will sit too high and hit flywheel. I simply milled off about 4mm and then it was a bolt on deal. Very easy and worth every penny, I dont usally ride in the dark unless caught off guard. I use the light to warn oncoming traffic on the trails, has prevented many head on crashes. When riding I always see the oncoming headlamp though the trees and brush way before I see the bike or rider.
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Kawadougie

RE: Lights?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 03:10:55 PM »
I installed the 75 Watt Moose Racing stator without any mods.  I wired in a UFO headlight with two 35 Watt lights in series.  No regulator.  I rode over 50 miles on Saturday with no problems.  I agree with PBR though, here in California we have two way trails and the light should prevent some head-ons from happening!  :D