Author Topic: V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?  (Read 4196 times)

MarkNZ

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« on: March 16, 2004, 04:09:44 PM »
I ordered a VForce Delta2 for my 04 today, It won't arrive for 2 weeks as I live in the South of New Zealand. Thats cool, but will I have to make any Jetting changes when I put it on ? From Std I've already Leaned the Needle one notch and moved to a smaller Pilot, the Bikes now done 3 hours(All new Kawasakis sold here get a Free Motor Minder installed!is it the same for you 04 Guys in North America?) , And is it an easy Bolt-on ? My Bike is running a PC Platinum Pipe and Silencer, 70:30 91 Std Gas and 105 AVgas, 40:1 Motul 800 . I do most of my Riding at Sea level up to  max about 1500'

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:44:38 PM »
The hardest part is cutting the carb boot. Otherwise, I didn't need to do anything special with my '01.

MarkNZ

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 03:28:25 AM »
Cutting the Carb Boot??, I asked about that and the Dealer said 'You wan't have to'! Is it major Surgery or just a Nick with a Knife ?

mikesmith

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 07:47:20 AM »
Major surgery,if you can call it that.But its easy,so dont worry.

NastyNick

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 09:58:56 AM »
actually the VForce Delta2 comes with instructions and a couple of nuts/washers to get the cutting job done.  It's no biggy, just make sure you have a decent blade on your hacksaw and to clean the manifold (boot) after your done cutting it.

As a side note, you have to do this the G3 reed cage assembly too.

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 03:45:43 AM »
I suggest you first try using a very sharp tool to cut the boot. I used a hacksaw on mine and it was not a nice looking end result - even though I was careful. Use a scalpel or a razorblade, thin and sharp. If you bend the boot at the same time as you cut, you are able to cut deeper without the tool getting stuck.

//John

Sharc

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 04:29:36 AM »
I used a brand new hacksaw blade and it cut fast and came out almost perfect. Trimmed it with a razor and bolted it up...

For jetting, I went one step leaner on the main, but I was rich already. Went from a 170 to a 168. I did a new top end at the same time, so I couldnt tell the differecne with the V-Force....whole motor was so fresh, plus jetted cleaner - it felt great. I know the Moose spacer I put on a few months ago was a great $20 improvement...

ShArC.

sdkx500

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 03:36:22 PM »
I bought Nasty Nicks VForce Delta 2 cage it was new in the box I think he sprung for a Generation 3 model.  He seems to have kept the bolts and the spacer from the trim down.  Does anyone know how thick the washer spacer was so I can cut?  I will call them monday if no one knows.

sdkx500

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 09:26:22 AM »
Rough estimate as to the thickness of the washers?

Offline KXcam22

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 05:38:41 PM »
Not quite sure what part you're cutting, but for cutting rubber if you grind the sides off a new hacksaw blade (the parts of the teeth that stick out a bit on each side and gives the width of the saw cut) it cuts rubber very nicely. Hope it helps. Cam.

Folke

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 07:20:30 AM »
Quote from: KXcam22
Not quite sure what part you're cutting, but for cutting rubber if you grind the sides off a new hacksaw blade (the parts of the teeth that stick out a bit on each side and gives the width of the saw cut) it cuts rubber very nicely. Hope it helps. Cam.
Has anyone tested V-Force 3 on KX 500 and whats the different from VF2 ???

Offline barryadam

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 06:02:44 PM »
Is there a top or bottom to the V-Force 2?  I see the logo on a tab, but it looks like it might just hit the cylinder casting line at the top of the mounting flange when torqued down.  I think I'll try it at the bottom.  The instructions don't say there's a top or bottom, and it's too late to call tech support.

B
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline Timbowe

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 06:25:55 PM »
Just file it off. Its no biggie.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline barryadam

V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 07:48:43 PM »
Thanks Timbowe.

Put it on logo facing downward anyways (downunder?).

Hopefully, it's all good tomorrow.

B
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
V-ForceD2 Set up Tips?
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2005, 01:00:21 AM »
Folke,
you tried that on your mean green,don?t you remember :?
I think it?s no different in power between vf2 and vf3, but you can change reeds without any tools on vf3. :wink:  

//doordie
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!