Author Topic: Storm Victims  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Storm Victims
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:45:43 AM »
I recently mentioned the injury I suffered to my knee after wrecking my K5, see Stupid in the General section.
I have physical and financial problems that will follow me for years to come. About the time I start feeling sorry for myself,
something like Katrina comes thru. Some people of the gulf area have lost every thing, homes, loved ones, even their own life.
I can't help financially or physically, but I will be very thankful for what I do have. Loved ones, friends, home, and a warm
bed to crawl into. I don't know how much it will help, but tonight before I crawl into that warm bed, I will say a Prayer for
the people of the south, and the storm victims. Please join me in Prayer tonight, before you crawl into your warm bed.
Thank you.
KX 500 Rider

Offline machine

Storm Victims
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 04:02:50 PM »
Sometimes when you think you've got it bad, someone's got it worse.

Thouse poor people!!!

Offline musturbo

Storm Victims
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 04:14:07 PM »
Amen.  I work for the phone company and after last years hurricanes I had no power for a week an d 13 days on 1 day off 12 hrs per work day.  not complaining just sending a shout out to the men and women who are going to make it better,I am sure I will be asked to go and will stay until I am asked to  leave.
pin it

mikesmith

Storm Victims
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 06:28:40 PM »
I feel sorry for those people and animals effected,but watching the looting on the news makes me shake my head.They even had the nerve to say the police told them they could do it!

Offline Spider

Storm Victims
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 04:23:40 PM »
At a time when food and water should be the priority, they steal shoes-Go figure.
Sure am glad she turned right. Was a little concerned for a while if sticking around was the thing to do.

Offline demographic

Storm Victims
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 04:19:52 AM »
The news over here says there could be thousands dead and that rescue operations in some areas are being stopped because of looters shooting at helicopters.

That's just wrong.

What kind of person does that kind of thing at a time like this.

Offline Spider

Storm Victims
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 08:32:03 AM »
Just back from Pascagula, Bilouxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Chalmette, and NewOrleans. What a mess. During all of this I get Evacuated for Rita. After almost being run over by a CNN van on St. Charles St. in N.O. I believe that i must withdraw my previous comment on the storm victims. The media have been a useful but is an extreem pain. When asked to please move out of the way, they want to shove a mike at us and ask what we think. DUH! I may have pictures later, as if you guys haven't seen enough.

One of the techs said it smells like Bagdhad. Bagdhad sure stinks!