Author Topic: Tired of not riding.  (Read 2838 times)

Offline GDubb

Tired of not riding.
« on: September 03, 2005, 02:26:14 PM »
Ive been getting sick of not being able to go riding since Ive moved up here to Washington. So, since I have had the paddle swapped out for the knobbie, Ive been tearing up the yard on a regular basis while at the same time torturing the neighbors. Good fun.

(I know, I know... NO HELMET!  But if I wasnt just putting around in 1st and 2nd, not even getting in the power band, I would be wearing the full get up from head to toe, promise.)
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Tired of not riding.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »
Have you got on the net to see if there is any riding area's close by. I would think there is plenty of riding in the that state. Any local shops :?:
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Timbowe

Tired of not riding.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 07:42:49 PM »
Good stopies there dude!! You guys who are short of rides, come down under.. Ride all the time here. Most weekends there is an oganised ride on. Yesterday was a beaut! Excellent farmland hill country, boggty creeks, tracks through gorse, wicked steep greasy up hills an down.. Did 2 laps 55 miles. That was enough. Slept well last night. www.adventureride.co.nz
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
Tired of not riding.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 04:40:57 AM »
GDubb:
I talked to my Uncle today. He lives in the south west part of the state, Ocean Park, on the coast. He's not up on your area, he says there are riding areas where he's at, but that's a good distance to drive.  Main thing  if you do ride, make sure you have proper permission. Be sure you don't end up on State or National park land, you can get into a lot of trouble if caught.  The boundrys are not marked well in remote areas.

I bought a motorcycle trailer hitch for my VTX 1800 Honda street bike from a company that's across the Puget Sound from you. He was very helpful with getting my hitch to me and answering all my questions.  He might know of an area to ride.  Check his web site, dauntlessmotors.com,
to find his e-mail and or phone number.

Good luck,
                               Danger.
KX 500 Rider

Offline KXcam22

RE: Tired of not riding.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:27:59 AM »
GDubb,
  I got killer riding about 6 hours north of you if you don't mind crossing a border. Big mountains, single track, snow, and no boundaries up here, just free riding area. I see a few Washingtonians up here from time to time. Cam.

Offline GDubb

RE: Tired of not riding.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »
I looked around on the internet recently and found that Washington is supposed to have really good riding areas. Some that are even rather close. The real problem is that my Chevy LUV's rear main seal seems to have started leaking oil so Im kinda timid about driving it since I dont know much regarding rear main seals.  Although I do have my Nissan minitruck out of storage, which would get considerably better gas-mileage, but also needs some front-end work and I think also a new clutch and/or tranny work. So basically my real problem is transporting the bike to and fro. But the good news is that I am making better money since the move, and have lessened my bills considerably too. So its just a matter of time and I'll be caught up and playing alot more. Just gotta work on the patience. (Or meet a new riding buddy that can haul the bikes :wink: ) Thanks for the posts guys. I appreciate you looking out for me.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -