Author Topic: Emig Lock on Grips  (Read 3137 times)

Offline 436m

Emig Lock on Grips
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:32:14 AM »
Anybody make the Emig lock on grips work on a K5 (89-04)? They don't list them for it and I would like to use them on mine.

Offline motorman455

Re: Emig Lock on Grips
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:10:12 AM »
Funny that you should ask. I just put a pair on last night. I have an issue with not being able to get enough slack/free play in the cable but it's very close. I've adjusted the cable all the way in at the carb and throttle housing but still no free play.  I'm going to machine down the lock nut at the throttle housing by a few mm and then it should be fine. I also put a 41mm carb on awhile back and I recall that tired me to loosen the cable a bit too so perhaps with the 39mm carb the throttle side would be no issue.

Offline Roosta_man

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 03:47:30 AM »
I am running a set.  I used a cam from an older set of ODIs to achieve the correct throttle setup.  The cam with the EMIG grip created a high idle scenario that I could not adjust out.

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 10:33:07 AM »
C cam is what we have been using. The Emig ODI grips leave much to be desired.  They are a pain to keep clean and they wear a lot quicker than the standard ODI half waffle.
"Let there be light"