Author Topic: ebay  (Read 2788 times)

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
ebay
« on: September 15, 2005, 07:30:31 AM »
Guy's there have been some good deals on kx500 parts on ebay here lately. I just bought a set of front forks complete with front brake caliper and master cylinder with brake line for 10.00 dollars. I got a new clutch cable for 12.00 and air fitler and some top gaskets really cheap. For those that have not looked into ebay for parts need to get started. Just passing along info.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline alan

• Administrator
ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:45:10 AM »
I have found a little secret to E Bay!  If you find things you want to buy, check the closing time! If it is mid day weekly most people can't be on line! Then wait till the last thirty seconds to place your bid! For sure DO NOT BID at all till the last minute! You should also make that first and last as high as you are willing to pay so that you will be over the other bids! This has worked for me 90% of the time!

Alan
:D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline Timbowe

ebay
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 12:40:36 PM »
Good point Alan. With the time zone down here, most auctions close when I'm in the sack racing against the best the world has to offer, same as Danger. I've lost out on quite a few deal myself. That reminds me better check it now. Bidding on some cheap Alfa parts.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Offline demographic

ebay
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 05:40:15 AM »
Although I have never used them, there are snipe programmes out there that will put a bid in for you during the last few seconds.

Sniperight
Justsnipe
Snipeville
have been reccommended to me but like I said I have not yet tried them so can't comment on how good I found them.

Regards Scott :)

Offline alan

• Administrator
ebay
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 05:57:34 AM »
Quote from: demographic
Although I have never used them, there are snipe programmes out there that will put a bid in for you during the last few seconds.

I like to do it the old fasion way, just like knocking your buddy down on the track or Roosting him! HeHe!

Alan
:lol:  :lol:

Sniperight
Justsnipe
Snipeville
have been reccommended to me but like I said I have not yet tried them so can't comment on how good I found them.

Regards Scott :)
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
ebay
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 10:44:36 AM »
I too, like to snipe the old fashioned way, manually. My personal record is a bid placed 7 seconds before closing. The loser e-mailed me to comment on  my speed.  I do have one variation however, I feel it is good sportmanship to bid at least once during the week on an item I want. That way everyone is forwarned that I have an interest and they need to prepare for battle. May the best bidder and fastest bike win!
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline barryadam

ebay
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 04:27:42 AM »
I learned a long time ago about ebay sniping when a guy kept beating me out on parts for late '70s DT400s at, like 9 seconds to go.  I called him once and he told me about the programs he uses.  The problem is that he has seemingly unlimited funds and buys EVERYTHING NOS that comes up, in some kind of wild scheme to capture the future market for all these parts or something.  He puts up an unreal max bid and always wins.  His feedback count is in the billions, I think.  I've talked with a couple of other regular guys and every once in a while, we bid high, knowing that Mr. Jerk will end up winning that gasket for $100 or something as equally stupid.  However, sometimes we overbid and end up winning (D'oh!)

This guy makes it a real pain if a part comes along that you REALLY need.  I ended up paying a small fortune (I could have bought several bikes!) for some NOS tanks and fenders just to beat him out.

You should all consider yourselves lucky you don't have any zealot like that for your stuff.

I like to do the manual snipe, too.  Best record = 4 seconds.  See you on e-bay.
"I hate heli-coils. They are like hospice for motorcycle parts."- BDI