Author Topic: Site Feedback  (Read 38386 times)

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
Re: Site Feedback
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2018, 12:55:08 AM »
We don't actually have to approve any topics, and if you happen to put it somewhere and we think it might fit better in another section we can move it very easily.  If it deals with your bike, I would put it in KX500 original.  If it doesn't fit there, and doesn't really fit with any other of the specific sections, just put it in the In General section.  Pretty much anything is allowed in there (minus religion and politics).  You need to click in to the section but don't click on any specific thread in the section.  Once you are in the section, you will see the New Topic button at the top.  I circled and arrowed it in this picture.  Just click on that, and you're ready to start posting.  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 12:57:09 AM by umberto »
Perhaps I have a dirt bike addiction?

03 KX 250/88 KX 525/2017 KX250F - Goliath
17 KX250F/04 KX250
04 KX 250 - Lunchbox's Bike
05 KX 125/144

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »
Same, but I used a hi-tech pen.

KX 500 Rider

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 05:01:53 PM »
Thank you Umberto and Danger4u2 - I pretty much think I've got that. Only way to try it is to do it. I'm an absolute beginner - site and bike - so please have some patience though I know when you read my first topic you'll probably start rolling your eyes.

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »
First of all I'd like to say thank you for hosting such a great site, whoever that is I'm talking to. Also my particular thanks go to the following: Umberto, Sandblaster and Foxx4Beaver - I think you guys pretty much hold everything together and are also especially generous with advice for new fellers like me. As you know I'm keen to get on but I'm stymied by the fact I live in Mexico. My intention is to wait 4 or 5 months and see if I've made enough money to either get my bike back to the UK, or maybe the States where I could accompany it. I'd be quite happy riding it around from place to place and getting parts and work done on it, starting with alward so I can fit his lighting system. At least I now know why the geezer here sold it to me in the first place!

Here's my question though: Is there a way to go straight to page 108 of KX Original for instance? There's now 214 pages of posts under that heading, and I'd have to press the page no. 54 times to get to page 108 if there isn't!

The other question is would you be kind enough to start new topics? Something along the lines of 86 KX500/87 KX500/88 KX500 or combining them into "Identifying Differences in 86/87/88 Year Model KX500s" since they're similar in some ways, but so different to one another in others, and are different again to 89-04 models. Perhaps other posts could be moved here. I am having to pick through hundreds of pages just to find posts that are relevant to my '87 KX500.

Whilst I'm here I can let you know that I found this thread about identifying my engine "86-88 KX500 Cylinders and valves. Please set me straight." on page 16 of KX Original. There's lots of info and good pics, but I still cannot ID my barrel. I've described it and someone said I probably have an '88 cylinder, but all the pics under this thread say the 86/87 had stickers and the 88 had KIPS casted into it. Mine has KIPS embossed inside a rectangular box, which doesn't match any of the photos. I would imagine that whoever's listening, it would have to be one of the abovementioned names, and you guys are like walking encyclopedias for KX knowledge. Maybe one of you could ID my barrel from the pic I'm posting, there's also the exhaust, any idea what model it's from? I'll start new threads anyway, because it's not just me asking these questions. Thanks in advance.

Once again I'm grateful for all the hard work you must be putting in to keeping this site so useful and informative.   

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 04:44:31 AM »
Hallo again. Hope nobody's getting fed up with all my Qs, but anyway I'm grateful for all the As!
I've left feedback, but want to know if this is the right place to ask questions like how do the "mark read" and "mark unread" buttons work? I guess they're a way to know if you've either read a topic or not, but don't know how to go about it, and what shows up afterwards to tell me if I have or haven't read a topic.
Reason I'm asking is because I've decided I'm here to stay. Only ever subscribed to one other site which was exceptional, but this one's really good as well. It's layout is similar to the one I used 10 years ago or so too.
For guys like me, and I'm sure you know my situation by now, it's a kind of lifeline to keep my interest because I'm stuck and in the most frustrating and off-putting position imaginable, and I can't see any way around it right now. Although like I say, it stokes my interest and give me ideas and plans for the future. I can see why so many come on here and post a few times and disappear though. If my own plans come together it'll all be worth it in the end though. Happy riding!

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 09:11:05 AM »
You're fine with the questions.  I've never used the mark unread.  I clicked on it and it took me to I'm Listening page with the Site Feedback at the top.
KX 500 Rider

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2019, 05:05:29 PM »
Danger4u2 - well, if you're the, or one of the administrators and have never used it, that's good enough for me.
I think I've sussed out the business with my cylinder and exhaust. What I thought was embossed alloy inside the rectangle saying KIPS is a plaque that's been glued on (I think). That's due to the bike being a) indoors, b) bad lighting, c) need new glasses but don't trust opticians here, d) age!
Wouldn't have mattered 20 years ago, I still had 20/20 vision back then, now I'm just an optically challenged, delusional, arthritic geriatric....

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 02:17:40 PM »
“Getting old ain't for sissies.”  Quote from Betty Davis.
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/845554-getting-old-ain-t-for-sissies
I have to have readers, 1.75 at arms length.
KX 500 Rider

Offline Frankie

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 05:59:45 AM »
A "new" or "recent posts" button on the home page.. Clicking it loads all of the posts since you last visit..

Nice site, though I don't spend enough time here, everyone is nice and helpful. Job well done by those overseeing this site.. Thank you.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 06:58:16 AM »
umberto has been working behind the scene making things flow.
The guy with the cool bikes. Thanks go to him.
KX 500 Rider

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »
umberto has been working behind the scene making things flow.
The guy with the cool bikes. Thanks go to him.
It’s my pleasure.  I wouldn’t have the bikes I have without all the help I got on here. Plus I owe Danger. He buys lunch when we ride, and it’s good stuff.

17 KX250F/04 KX250
05 KX 125/144

Offline streetsleeper

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2023, 10:29:03 AM »
Hi again umberto. this time I've reverted to small case. that's 'cause the anger at losing a really long message (to YOU) because I was timed out, has subsided.
This is my idea:-
YES, it's great to see more than 5000 members, listed over the space of 173 pages,
BUT, it just ain't indicative of how many members there are NOW.
YES, keep those pages for records and information,
BUT, start afresh, with a NEW list of NEW members and EXISTING members AND their KXs,
YES, I can see that it'll be a lot of work for someone, 'cause comments from 2013 from Newbies isn't great,
BUT, all that hard work will be rewarded with a TRUE idea of WHO has WHAT, WHY, WHEN,WHOM, WHICH, HOW
Thanks umberto,
Regards from,
Jonnie the Englishman

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2023, 05:37:27 AM »
Where is Umberto???
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2023, 05:54:41 AM »
I appreciate the feedback, but unfortunately I don't own the website to make major changes.  Perhaps Danger4U2 would be a better person to send your messages to.  He hasn't been by in a while, but I know he monitors the email from the site. 👍👍

17 KX250F/04 KX250
05 KX 125/144

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2023, 10:25:26 AM »
At this time in my life things are upside down.  Only time I get to ride now, is to work.  Is it fun? Hell yes. 2017 Kawasaki Concours or the 2011 BMW R1200 GSA. Haven't been on the dirt bikes in a few years now.  Getting old is NOT for Sissy's.
Mom died a year ago in January. Complications from pneumonia then she came down with Covid. Working on the parents' property to sell. I could go on and on but at some point, I'll be called a cry baby.  Everyone has problems, here in Oklahoma we call it life.  I have it better than most.  I'm happy to have the site up and running.  Not much time to do things to the site.  I'm working two jobs for the next few months.  Monday thru Friday at my main job, Saturday and Sunday at my secondary job. I get to take a day off every now and then. I'll take 10 days off to ride bikes to MotoGP races in Austin this spring and check out Big Bend in the tip of Texas. When I return, I be working 4 days a week thru the summer if all goes well.  Thanks to all the members for their contributions of content to the site.

Post script:
I have been starting the bus and keeping up with the batteries.  I drive it around the mile section every once in a while.  I put fresh diesel in it. I'm getting ready for spring and summer.  Thanks again.
Danger
KX 500 Rider