Author Topic: Double Pumper  (Read 3692 times)

mikesmith

Double Pumper
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:57:37 PM »
Any one with a mid 90's or older KX use Terry Cables (or some other brand)double pumper fork kit that turns forks into noncirculating system?If so was it hard to install,and was it worth it?

mikesmith

Double Pumper
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 10:23:27 PM »
Well I tried to order the Terry Cable kit and even though its listed on there web site they said they havent sold them in six years.The problem Im trying to fix is the hard bottoming I get on my 94KX500 forks.Race tech says its gold valves help with this,any one use the gold or delta valves they sell?Any advise?

moburki

Double Pumper
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 01:39:05 AM »
my 95 was harsh in the mid stroke, yet would still bottom on all sorts of stuff. i replaced the springs with proper race tech springs for my weight, and removed (drilled out) the mid valve. now the're plush through their travel. i still bottom on big jumps, but i suspect a reputable suspension guru can use the stock valves and get great results. i'll be doing that soon. probably sending them to kx500's (site administrator) suspension guy. i think he's listed on the home page somewhere. i've talked with him on the phone, very knowledgable, and cool
mo

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Double Pumper
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 03:38:42 AM »
The link for Motoworks is in the Web Links area, or just click here.

KX142

Double Pumper
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 01:48:46 AM »
I have the newer forks, but Pro-Action did a tremendous job with them.

husqrider

Double Pumper
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 04:07:50 AM »
I have been running the Race Tech gold valves in my forks for over a year now and like them very much. I also installed the forks and shock spring rate recomended by Race Tech and I am pleased with that as well. I have come over the top of more than one hill, only to find a large wash out or gulley that made me pucker up and the forks have gone through it great and without any harsh bottoming. I would recomend Race Tech to anyone. Also the install is doable for those with some mechanical savvy, they include good instructions and a fairly informative video. Plus their tech support phone line is very good.