Author Topic: Parts no longer available?  (Read 3975 times)

Offline 1980mcneil

Parts no longer available?
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:00:59 AM »
Reading through the posts I noticed there are some parts that can't​be found any more.  Like shifting forks. 
I don't mind turning wrenches, and I don't mind paying OEM prices for parts. But before I buy my bike I want to make sure that I'll be able to find parts fairly easily. I know the bike is out of circulation but I was somewhat under the impression I could find most the parts without too much trouble. This will be the only bike I have. Not a backup.  I will probably pick another bike up in a year or two.  But until then I want to know I can at least repair this one.  Is there any fear in the community that parts will simply run out in the near future?  Are things like the shifting forks something that are likely to break on my stock (except bolt-on) bike.  Could someone ease my mind at all or is this a legitimate concern?
My Hope was to get the kx500 for cheap from my boss, (I'm limited to about $2000) ride it a couple years and get a 450 while I restore the 500 and use it here and there or sell to help with cash for a new bike. 
2004 kx500
Accu-products decompression Valve
Powerdynamo heavy flywheel ignition
Pro-Circuit Platinum II / FMF PowerCore 2
Moose racing Reed spacer
Baja design duel sport kit
Plated.
Rekluse

Offline KXDINO

Re: Parts no longer available?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Yes there a few parts not avaliable , and its nice to be able to order a part and get it , its not the only bike that starting to get low on new parts either , u can repair most things or get someone to make a new part , cost more custom made but it will keep it going or start stocking up on good used parts or new , i have 2 k5 that are quite fresh along with heaps of used and new parts for them , i dont throw out parts that are 2nds just in case i have to get them manufactured down the track .

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 01:55:35 AM »
Kx Guru Racing is working on Billet shift forks, Billet cases, Custom Drum valves and a few other goodies so I'm sure there will be parts available for a few years..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 1980mcneil

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 06:13:38 AM »
Okay. That sounds great.  I'm probably being a little irrational but I always have tons of questions ND concerns when I make a big purchase. It took me half a year from the moment I decided I needed a new car and I actually purchased one. lol.  It's a little ridiculous. I find people usually just go buy one the next weekend.
2004 kx500
Accu-products decompression Valve
Powerdynamo heavy flywheel ignition
Pro-Circuit Platinum II / FMF PowerCore 2
Moose racing Reed spacer
Baja design duel sport kit
Plated.
Rekluse

Offline KXDINO

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:27 PM »
Thanks to guru racing for keeping the parts going , i hope you send any parts i need to down under.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 02:56:15 AM »
Lol... yeah, that won't be an issue.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.