Author Topic: Tires in rocks  (Read 3165 times)

mikesmith

Tires in rocks
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:49:35 PM »
I run Dunlop 756 in soft to hard dirt and lots of rocks,Its been a good tire.What do you run for tires in this  wide type of  terrain,and how do your tires hold up?How do they handle?Any one like to run differant brands front to rear?Just want some opinions,thanks.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
Tires in rocks
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 01:31:56 AM »
I've run most everything here in Arizona and I've settled on the Michellin S12 front and M12 rear. THough I'm not too sure I'll be buying those French tires again.  :?

I can tell you alot people pushed the Pirelli MT18 and if you read the review you'll see how much I thought of that POS tire ;)

Rick

Tires in rocks
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 01:51:15 AM »
I run the Bridgestone 602 (formerly the M78) on the rear.  Over the years, I have tried lots of tires, as we have had tire sponsorship from various folks.  However, I keep coming back to the Bridgestone.  I remember one time we were given several sets of Kings tires to evaluate for sponsorship.  They use a 6 ply carcus, and were sooooooo hard, I ran 2 pounds of air just to finish the ride.  Gave them all away to folks who just slow trail ride.  They were indistructable, but not much fun to ride at speed.

On the front, I have settle on the Michellin M12.  Here again, tried lots of tires, but just like the way this one holds the lines in the corners.  I think if the Michellin came in a 120 rear tire, I'd probably wrap one up just to see how she worked.  But since I don't like running a 110 on the rear, my choices are limited.  A move to an 18 inch rim would widen the options, but never had the desire to lace one up.

There's my $.02.

Rick

Offline beastrider500

Tires in rocks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 11:36:38 PM »
I run the best tire there is. FREE. I have a riding buddy that thinks he needs new tires about every two or three rides so I take whatever he is done with. Keeps my sponser (wife) happy.  :)
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'   Homer Simpson

moburki

Tires in rocks
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2003, 01:48:57 AM »
recently tried a michelin s12 on the back. i like it so much, i'll definitely be picking up a s12 front, and because i ride rocky mountain terrain in the summer, i'll put an m12 on the back to try and make it last longer. the s12 has held up surprisingly well, though. after lots of abuse, both in rocky terrain, and soft sandy terrain, it still retains a nice edge. the only sign of being a "soft" terrain tire is that it likes to loose small chunks of rubber on the rocky stuff
mo