Author Topic: K5 vibrates real bad.  (Read 28284 times)

Offline KXDINO

Re: K5 vibrates real bad.
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
i would be double checking the crank for true , and everything else that could make a engine vibrate is everything in the clutch side correct and tight , does the main bearings fit the cases tight , go over the lot with fine tooth comb .

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2016, 03:14:52 PM »
You can also induce a lot of vibration through improper mounting..
If you have ANY gaps between your engine and motor mounts you need to use shims.
Shims are you friend.
Of course if your crank is not true or balanced you are fighting a loosing battle..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dirkster

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2016, 03:36:44 PM »
i'll take the clutch cover off tomorrow and see if anything rattled loose need to fix an oil leak anyways. all the mounts are solid. if nothing shows up then i'll split the case and get the crank trued and new bearings

Offline dirkster

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
i hate this godd**n bike.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2016, 02:09:50 PM »
Do you have any pics of the crank?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline MRDART

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2017, 12:02:44 AM »
Any news?
 Had a crank that actually went out of true once, probably due to my inexperience at the time,
 Anyway, that caused some serious vibrations, the flywheel key broke in half and the ignition went all over the place...
And before everyone racks down at me, I was young, inexperienced and somewhat stupid...

Offline dirkster

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:34 AM »
well i guess you guys could say you  told me so but i took the cylinder off to inspect the crank and it looks like its out of true by 3.5mm and is pretty loose. i forgot until now that when i put the crank back in it when i was rebuilding it that it was hard to spin the crank i just shrugged it off and thought that it would have to wear in i didnt think that
maybe the crank was out of true and was putting extra stress on the bearings making it hard to spin. 

Offline dave916

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »
 A crank that is out of true will either wear cases or crank journals

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »
K5 Cranks should spin easily with only light seal resistance... and I mean light.... If it's sticky at all, you have issues..

Offline dirkster

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
ordered a hot rods crank rebuild with con rod, bearings and pin. also new crank bearings and seals. should be here tomarrow