Author Topic: Bolt on Steel Kickstand, $48 Shipped on Ebay  (Read 3137 times)

IridiumRed

Bolt on Steel Kickstand, $48 Shipped on Ebay
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:04:20 AM »
Hey Guys

Here's something I ran across:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2F4568311781_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40QQfviZ1&item=4568311781

Its a bolt on kickstand, looks a lot like the Promoto version, but this is steel, and it only costs $40 (plus $8 in S&H to KC)

That promoto design looks great, but for $150 + S&H, I'll take my chances with the one above.

Obviously, I ordered the one in the auction, but it looks like the guy either makes them or at least has more available (I think he currently shows them available for 7 or 8 more bikes...)

Will let you know how it works out

Steve

Kawadougie

RE: Bolt on Steel Kickstand, $48 Shipped on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 01:11:34 PM »
My riding buddy just bought one for his KX250.  He is not happy.   :(   It is made of steel and not aluminum and thus is a bit heavier but the biggest problem is that it is too short.  The bike leans over at about a 45 degree angle.  It is better than a stick.   :wink:

kronarq

Re: Bolt on Steel Kickstand, $48 Shipped on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:50:07 AM »
I just bought one of these as well. It has been a good amount of time since you posted this how did it work out for you?

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »
I just bought one of these as well. It has been a good amount of time since you posted this how did it work out for you?

Let us know how yours works after you get it installed.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »

You're somewhere around me aren't you? I'd like to take a look at that thing upclose if you don't mind.

Offline kiwikx500

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 01:31:44 PM »
 :mrgreen: It looks a little dangerous.
1990 KX 500

IridiumRed

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 04:14:16 AM »
Hey Guys

Sorry for the long absence!! 

Took a new job, about 100 miles away, been busy with it, finding a new place (lived with friends for a while), finally found a new place and it took forever to move (5 bikes in various states of running/repair,  tons of tools / parts)

Anyways, the KX is torn down to rebuild (crank bearings went bad, so I sent the crank out, had it rebuilt and rebalanced).  I'll have it running soon, next week or two??  I'll report on how the stand works then.

For the moment, I'll say that I did get it (the stand) and that it seems to be pretty well built. Pretty sturdy.  It is steel, so it probably weighs a couple of lbs, but......... for something like this I'd like to have it sturdy.  I'm used to much heavier street / race bikes (750cc+ 4 cylinders), so I'm really used to relying on a heavy duty kickstand.... I might over-stress a lightweight one w/o thinking about it.

I do worry a bit about it flopping down.  The retaining/retracting spring is fairly stiff, but I might rig up a simple little mechanical retainer.  All depends on how the whole thing feels when I get it together

Anyways!!

I'm in North KC now.  Would enjoy meeting anyone around here to go ride, check out bikes, parts, etc

IridiumRed

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:47:11 AM »
Sorry for the double-post, but I just shamed myself into doing the project this weekend!!  I really, really miss the monster....

Ordered the parts I needed (plus a few I really wanted), hopefully they'll make it in time.

If so, I'll be rebuilding the BIG 5OhOh !!

Will keep you guys up to date