Author Topic: 2 piece clutch covers  (Read 44228 times)

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: 2 piece clutch covers
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »
I just got a batch delivered to me... (Thanks Roost)
The cost is $69.00 US delivered any where in the USA.
If you are in Canada, please order them from Roost.
All other countries $69.00 US plus shipping.

If you see them on eBay, DO NOT buy there... just PM me here and I'll save you some dough..
Thanks!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 10:09:20 AM »
so where can I get one of the entire side covers in 2 piece...cuz losing the coolant to change the clutch just sucks

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »
If you are looking for a complete unit ready to bolt up the only person that may have one is RoostiusMaximus.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 11:35:16 PM »
yes..ready to install assemble or at least the modded stock cover so i can but a boyeson or hinson..pro circuit cover

Offline FL_Sharpshooter

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 12:45:36 AM »
I may also be interested in one if someone can modify and weld one to my case/cover, or sell one already welded.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 03:39:21 AM »

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »
no doubt I could weld it if I knew what to do. don't have the right stuff to mill it or really don't know what needs done since I don't have any exra stuff laying around to try

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »

Offline Kwackerman

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
Hey guys, two things on this topic: Bottom line: go to EFMautoclutch.com and call Gary, if you want an auto clutch for your K5. I've been running one in competition for two years and it works great! I ride enduro and hare scrambles in very challenging terrain (MO, AR, OK).  He's been making auto clutches for any motorcycle, for more than 25 years. You send him your clutch pack and he converts it using your basket and plates and a custom billet pressure plate he matches to your basket. I love the action of the clutch and highly recommend it to anyone for off-road racing. The EFM clutch pressure plate sticks out further than the stock clutch, so you have to increase the clearance for the clutch cover.  That brings me to point two. 

What I did, because I'm 1) cheap, and 2) like to play around with fabrication, was take a clutch cover from a 96 KX 250 and a cut-off wheel on my air grinder, and in about 45 minutes, modified it to fit my K5. I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was. I took the outer KX 250 clutch cover and laid it down over my K5 cover.  I took a scratch awl and etched a line all the way around my K5 cover and cut it off.  Then I took the inner part of the 250 cover and cut it off, making a line around it, just below the bottom of the holes where the outer cover screws bottom out.  Then I took that "ring" and slide it down onto my K5 cover.  It fit perfect!  I had to make a couple of extra cuts to get it to fit around my K5 water pump, but it was really easy.

I took the K5 cover and the modified KX 250 "ring" to my local welding shop and it cost me $45.00 for him to Tig weld the "ring" onto the K5 cover with three equidistant one inch welds. The K5 cover is perfectly round, but the KX 250 cover isn't, which leaves some weird shaped gaps between the two, which would allow it to leak oil, once on the bike.  To solve that problem, I filled in the gaps between the two covers with JB weld. When all that dried, I took a piece of glass and taped sand paper on it, laid it on my work bench, and sanded the leading edge of the mating surface of the new inner clutch cover, so my outer cover would sit flush all the way around. I mounted it up and it not only works great, it looks factory!  All for about two hours in the garage and $45.00 for the welding.  you can't beat it!

If you want to see it, I have a Youtube video of the bike, right after I completed my KX500AF conversion.  My channel is under my name, Howard Malone.  I have two videos, one 45 seconds, and one more detailed that's 6 minutes long. 

I hope that helps someone, Howie

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
I had 6 yesterday.
Now I'm down to 3....
375.00 with free shipping in the USA (OUCH!!!)

Offline stoneman

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2016, 05:45:51 AM »
I had 6 yesterday.
Now I'm down to 3....
375.00 with free shipping in the USA (OUCH!!!)

Are these modified to fit a auto cluch or just so one can install a clutch cover?

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2016, 07:04:39 AM »
No, these are for a standard clutch only.
However, you can buy additional adapter rings and instead of welding them on, you simply drill the holes out to approx 7mm and run a longer bolt.
Which auto clutch are you wanting to run?

Offline Johnnyafrica

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »
Sandblaster...PM sent