Author Topic: 2008 yz 125 forks,  (Read 7553 times)

Offline justreal

2008 yz 125 forks,
« on: July 29, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »
 Well I've been lurking about and searching and reading about later model forks installed on these fine machines. Well I came across an 08 yz 125 roller for a couple hundred bucks it is a very low hour / ride time bike still had original front tire. Anyway I did a bit of research on these forks and heard good reviews so I took on the swap. after machining the steering stem to work and getting the triple clamps set up I took the forks apart cleaned and inspected and new seals and fluid they are on and feel pretty good with just some bouncing about in the drive way and garage I am planning a trip to the mountains this weekend to feel them out , I also have a good hunch that gold valves for the forks and shock are in the near future for increased tuning and balancing ability. now if I can remember how to add pictures they are soon to follow . Oh I also put a pro circuit pipe back on it, had one years ago and had an incident with a raptor or the like at about 60 mph or so, but thats another story . pics to follow .  [/img][/img]  Well lets see if that worked .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:47:41 PM by justreal »

Offline justreal

Re: 2008 yz 125 forks,
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:57:11 PM »
 Having issues with pics . ,, again ,, lol

Offline justreal

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 12:59:50 PM »

Offline justreal

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
That's cool.
We need a ride report  :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 05:49:29 AM »
I think Polar-Bus bought an '08 YZ125, and raved how much he loved the stock forks.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline justreal

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:43 AM »
 Hi all Im planning on going to the mountains tomorrow and will report on the function. One thing I was kind of surprised about , when I use race tech's spring calculator it recommends the same weight spring that is already in the 08 forks , hmmmm any way reports are coming .

Offline justreal

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 05:09:57 AM »
Well the initial test ride was postponed till yesterday (grandpa duties) . So after a couple minor adjustments I hit the trails and wow what a difference. although the shock is in need of some maintenance I can honestly say the bike feels better in all aspects . I am going to "refresh" the shock this week and reevaluate the complete package, I am excited to feel the transformation.  Oh on a different note I also test rode a brand new pair of tech 7 boots , what a nice boot.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 05:52:20 AM »
awesome!...keep the reports coming.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline justreal

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
   Howdy all , well its been some time now and the yz forks are wonderful IMO and as you all well know life happens hence my absence . I havent had a chance to get into the rear shock yet but suspect ,, scratch that ,, it will be coming apart soon . Late last fall I started to notice a considerable power loss and plug readings getting wayyy lean , just out of the blue jet up and up and , duhhh main seals . so engine is coming out and gonna follow the oh so wonderful wright ups on this next operation , will start a new post for that though , now for something completely different . I purchased an 88 cr500 from my close bud and it was in some need of love for sure but got her ripping for a considerable amount less than the k5 engine build plus Ive known the cr for many years engine is quite fresh and strong , will put some pics up in "my other rides" section and keep yall updated on the engine build as I will most likely have some tech/personal preference questions along the way thanks for takin the time to read this and look forward to any and all coments questions etc.