Author Topic: 2001 kx85 ~ NEED KIPS Powervalve Set up HELP Bike Bogs when Revved.(carb is clea  (Read 4391 times)

Offline buick_gn

Hello Kxriders Community,

I have a 2001 Kawasaki kx85 that I have been working on for the past few weeks. I am absolutely stumped on diagnosing fixing the bogging/running issue on this bike.
When I rev the throttle the bike bogs out. also when I hold it WOT it doesn't rev completely out.

Questions I Have :

- I am unsure if the power valve is operating properly or at all.
- Is the powervalve linkage suppose to move when you rev the engine?
- Also How are you suppose to correctly assemble and test the kips powervalve system?
- How do I know if the Powervalve Governer is Good or Bad?

PWK Carburetor is Clean and has Stock Jets are Installed ( 140 Main , 45 Pilot )

Brand new Boyeson stock replacement reeds have been installed and sit flush with no gaps.

Any and All Your Help is Greatly Appreciated as Always Guys.  :-)

Pics of Engine / Carburetor Parts Below :

image sharing

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
yes you should be able to see the KIPS linkage move when revving the motor...the governor rod should move outwards under high revs.

I would suggest picking up a Kawie Service manual...to be sure you have the KIPS valves timed correctly. I've never worked on a KX85, so I'm not sure if it's different from the 250's and 500's, although, I wouldn't think they're set-up much different.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ