Author Topic: KX 250 1993 pipe - Can later years be used with modification?  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Staffy78

KX 250 1993 pipe - Can later years be used with modification?
« on: August 17, 2016, 03:00:10 PM »

Hello everyone at KX Riders!

My name is Broderick and I am from Western Australia. I have a rescued a rough looking 1993 KX 250 that is really a diamond and want to bring it back to showroom condition as it was back then.

Parts haven't been too hard to come across except for the pipe and silencer. The 92/ 93 has at least one of the mounts in a different position to the later years. They fit in to the cylinder but the top mount is way off where it should be.

The ones I have come across have been fairly rough and as the bike is being restored, I am hoping to come across a good one or perhaps modify a later model pipe until I come across a good original one or perhaps a Pro Circuit Works pipe to match the silencer I have (old school Pro Circuit - round).

Does anyone know if the later model pipes can have the mounts modified and still fit? Will the bike still run ok?

Alternatively, if anyone has a good stock expansion chamber and stock silencer to go along with it that they want to sell, I am very interested.

Thanks a lot for your help

Broderick

Offline b4himdude

• You gotta love to tinker
Re: KX 250 1993 pipe - Can later years be used with modification?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »
Hello. And personally it's been a long time since I've hunted down oarts for anything other than 500's. I'll bet somebody here will be able to lead you in a rewarding direction . But, until then just keep checking e-bay like a hawk . Craigslist as well . Good luck and I hope to see the before and after pics in the future.
hell ,i,m so broke . if it cost a nickle to take a s**t, id have to puke.....

Offline Staffy78

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
Hello. And personally it's been a long time since I've hunted down oarts for anything other than 500's. I'll bet somebody here will be able to lead you in a rewarding direction . But, until then just keep checking e-bay like a hawk . Craigslist as well . Good luck and I hope to see the before and after pics in the future.

Thanks for the reply message! I have been watching Ebay, here and in the US quite religiously but will just have to keep looking! Trying to find one of these pipes (92/93) in good condition is hard. They were very vulnerable on that model and most have had a very hard life. If I see a cheap pipe from a later model, I might purchase and see if it will fit and run while I wait for a good 92/ 93 pipe to turn up.

Thanks again for the reply and I look forward to posting some pics of the bike as it progresses. It is going to be awesome!

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 04:04:44 AM »
Staffy,

I have 2 of these pipes, 1 is an OEM New take off & the other is an OEM in Very Good Condition with very few roost dimples. I would assume shipping to be quite expensive to Oz, but if you are interested, shoot me a PM & I will get you more information.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Staffy78

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 01:04:42 PM »
Staffy,

I have 2 of these pipes, 1 is an OEM New take off & the other is an OEM in Very Good Condition with very few roost dimples. I would assume shipping to be quite expensive to Oz, but if you are interested, shoot me a PM & I will get you more information.

DoldGuy

Thank you Doldguy. I have sent you a Private Message.

Offline Staffy78

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
I am chasing a couple of other parts for my 1993 KX250 if you are able to help!

* Kawasaki standard silencer
* Carb air boot to airbox
* Rear brake mount (where axle passes through)
* Swingarm pivot bolt and nut
* Fill side radiator
* Rear chain guide block

Thanks again!

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:57 AM »
Staffy,

Here are the Pictures....I Hope I can do this correctly  :-o

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:21:47 AM by DoldGuy »

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:02 AM »

Offline Staffy78

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 02:18:54 PM »
Hello Doug

Thanks for sending the photos through mate! I would definitely like to buy the take off pipe please.

Thank you very much Doug, it will look amazing on my restoration.

Best regards

Broderick