Author Topic: Need pipe opinion.. Pro circuit  (Read 4051 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

Need pipe opinion.. Pro circuit
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:55:28 PM »
Ok here goes was riding today and narrowly avoided a truck that was in middle of road .. Skidded 300ft through woods and broadsided a tree .. Rider fine pipe not so much

NOW I HAD a pro circuit works pipe on my 99kx it is now flat... I'm looking online and only thing I can find is the pro circuit platinum .. Does anybody know the difference being as I'm having a tough time finding the works pipe
Thanks a bunch

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Need pipe opinion.. Pro circuit
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 01:00:36 PM »
the platinum is the same as the works pipe performance wise....it's just nickel plated.

here's the platinum on my '00...
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:13 PM »
It seems like all I've found between the two pipes . Is the works and the platinum pipe is just the finish on the pipe can't find anything about pipe construction or anything else.. One would assume they both should be the same

Offline FL_Sharpshooter

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 01:56:40 PM »
It seems like all I've found between the two pipes . Is the works and the platinum pipe is just the finish on the pipe can't find anything about pipe construction or anything else.. One would assume they both should be the same
Yes, they're both the same. Just the platinum has a nickel coating, the works pipe is raw.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 02:13:36 PM »

there's been speculation that FMF, used slightly thicker steel on their nickel plated pipes, making them a little more durable....I'm not sure if Pro Circuit followed in their footsteps....but my platinum PC pipe seems to be plenty rugged, even after a couple good drops on it's side, no dents yet.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ