Author Topic: Best place to find KX500 parts  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Kennymac131

Best place to find KX500 parts
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
Rocky Mountain MC .com has been good so far. Anyone have a good place for hard to find items?

Ken

Offline Heniz

Re: Best place to find KX500 parts
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:57:42 PM »
I have found http://www.partzilla.com very good and with international shipping to new Zealand it may take a few weeks to arrive but I have not been taxed yet on any parts sent to me. which is a win win.
Moto is life

Offline manco

Re: Best place to find KX500 parts
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:57:50 AM »
Rocky Mountain MC .com has been good so far. Anyone have a good place for hard to find items?

Ken
If by hard to find items you mean items that are discontinued and no longer available ebay is pretty much the only market to find them. Set up a search for the part numbers or search terms that emails you when they become available for sale.

Asking on forums if anyone has anything available can also work. Be careful when buying directly from a forum member so as to not get scammed. Most guys are all right especially if they have high post counts. Larger forums like vitalmx from time to time do have quite a few scammers though. Use paypal and have the seller request money for goods/services to have buyer protection via paypal in case you get scammed. Since the seller will lose money on paypal fees this way offer to cover them. The fees are $.30 plus 3% of the total. What you want to avoid is where you send the buyer money directly without a request as paypal does not recognize that as a goods/services transaction and in doing so you will lose buyer protection.
"Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose.”
― Baltasar Gracián