Author Topic: 01 Kx 250 need help no spark  (Read 16440 times)

Offline NLburden

Re: 01 Kx 250 need help no spark
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 11:34:28 PM »
Also changed out the igniter ( black box connector under the seat ) with a spare one however no spark either

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 11:55:55 PM »
how about the regulator behind the forks on the frame neck...have you swapped that yet?
or have you tried swapping the coil too?

another thing, that's rare, but not uncommon...is the magneto goes bad....you can try swapping that too if you have access to a spare.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline NLburden

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 04:04:55 AM »
If you have a OHM meter here is the specs for your stator

While to Red 7-15 Ohms
Yellow/While to Yellow 1-5 Ohms

It would also do you good to buy a Clymer or similar service manual.
Do not buy a owners manual..

Just did this with my multimeter again with both stators on the bench. Using the connector end only I checked both red- white  and then yellow - white/yellow.

One Stator #1 ( old stator ) Results:
White to Red 11.2 Ohms ( and yes continuity of course )
Yellow white to yellow 0. No continuity. Wouldn't beep. I messed around with it to ensure i had the meter fully inserted.

Stator #2 ( was brand new with a few hours of use before bike died )
White to red 0 .. no continuity.
Yellow / white to yellow 0... no continuity.

I think we have our culprit. What would cause a brand new stator to have this happen with only a few hours of riding since a brand new engine build.. Bike still is not running just wanted to post this online to see what your opinions are before i go and buy another part to throw at the bike haha

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 04:10:24 AM »
What would cause a brand new stator to have this happen with only a few hours of riding since a brand new engine build..

no brand new part is guaranteed not to fail in a short period of time....especially electrical/ignition parts...that's why you don't get a warranty on them.
you may very well have just gotten a "lemon".
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline NLburden

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:49 AM »
So i Retested just then to make sure I did it right. Realized I did it partially right haha. It says to test Yellow/white to yellow.. I was checking yellow/white to white.

Old Stator ( #1 )
Pins Yellow/white to white = 2.3 Ohms
Pins White to Red = 11.2 ohms

Checked for shorts as well, no shorts. Appears to be working.

New stator ( Stator # 2 )
Pins yellow/white to white = 2.3 ohms
Pins white to red = no connection / no continuity.

I had a friend over to the house yesterday and we tried cranking the bike with the old and the new stator. Even with the old stator installed ( which i've just learned tested out fine ) still didn't produce a spark. I will try what you mentioned earlier and try swapping the ignition coil again

Offline NLburden

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »
Update!:

After realizing one stator ( the old one ) still should work i started troubleshooting again. Swapped out the spark plug again, took every ground off and cleaned it up then reconnected, swapped out the silver block on the next of the bike and Boom! I got spark.

Should have the bike running again today at some point. I am thinking it was a combination of the stator ( new stator ) being bad and the ignition coil needing to be swapped out. But it works now thankfully.

Thanks for all the help!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 12:51:36 AM »
awesome!
ignition/spark issues can suck...good to hear you got it firing.
throw up some pics when you get a chance.