Author Topic: Help...got a bog...99kx125  (Read 3387 times)

Offline greencannon

Help...got a bog...99kx125
« on: September 27, 2016, 02:38:06 AM »
Hey guys need some opinions or facts..got a 99 Kx125 with a what seems like a quick lean bog just before it comes on the pipe. If you go to blip throttle off the face of a jump you'll be in trouble.  Jetting is stock and bike runs excellent overall except for that quick bog coming off the pilot and into the needle circuit. I've tried to fiddle with that also with no fix still....I don't know much about the power jet. And searches on the web show not many other people know the true purpose of this power jet.  Any clues, suggestions? I've already confirmed the spark,comression and fuel which are good.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Help...got a bog...99kx125
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:54 AM »
probably not it, but how do the reeds look?...any gaps around the cage?
125's are fairly hard on reeds, cause they get ridden with extreme rpm changes...i.e...wide open one second, and barely on the gas the next....then right back to wide open.

possible air leak?...could be worth a leak down test...cause if it is suckin air, changing jetting will be a waste of time.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline greencannon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:07:59 AM »
Reeds are tight, no leaks that I could find. I'm hoping a power jet expert will chime in maybe shed some light. I have this strange suspicion that might be the cause

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
Reeds are tight, no leaks that I could find. I'm hoping a power jet expert will chime in maybe shed some light. I have this strange suspicion that might be the cause

don46 was/is really good with tuning the "L" models...
matter of fact, one of his old posts regarding jetting an "L", got my '00 jetted spot on a couple years ago...and he had mentioned swapping the power jet for a smaller size, which really cleaned it up.
This won't help you, as it's a different bike...but he knows his jets/jetting.   

I haven't noticed him on-line recently....but try sending him a PM.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ