Author Topic: Help Tuning, no idle  (Read 9217 times)

Offline Kfan

Re: Help Tuning, no idle
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 09:46:59 AM »
Years ago I had a smaller bike with the same problem. It ended up being the needle jet, which is the brass insert that the needle runs in. It came as a kit with a new needle. The guy at the bike shop told me that fouled plugs and poor low speed idle when cold were almost always corrected with this repair. I hope this helps...

Offline bandit88

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 06:20:44 AM »
Tried cleaning up the seat but it made no difference.  Ordered a used carb body to try and see if things are any different.  Trying to keep it cheap till I figure out what exactly I need.  At the point where im thinking carb but could be ignition.  If ignition I will get the PVL that can run lights.  If carb, im thinking 38 air striker..

Offline bandit88

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 05:25:14 PM »
Problem has been fixed.  The other carb body did the tick.  Still a little stumped on what the issue is but am just glad its done.  I plan on taking a test ride tomorrow night, I expect everything should be good.  Next project is making it street legal.   :mrgreen:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 08:38:30 PM »
good to hear.
I would lean towards the needle seat being worn...but without actually being able to look at it, I really can't say.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline bandit88

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 04:48:27 AM »
Test ride went pretty good, no motor problems.  Felt a tad flat on top, gonna go up a main.  Hate my tires, and the 110 rear is way to skinny for this kind of power.  Forks felt a little harsh over rocks and such, much better on bigger hits.  Need to find a better clutch lever.  The MSR AOF still gets hard to pull.  The big stuff is done, just needs some fine tuning.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
cool...
everyone has their own preference on levers. I only use the stock/OEM levers...I've used many different brands of levers over the past 38-ish years, but I have yet to find one that gives me a better "feel" over the stockers.
I know what you mean about the rear tire :lol:....when I bought mine in 2011 it had a 110/90 on the rear...
this is what it looked like the day I brought it home.

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ