Author Topic: Mitaka  (Read 5790 times)

Offline Duel

Mitaka
« on: March 28, 2016, 08:30:26 AM »
Has anyone used the Mitaka rod and pistons ?

http://www.mitaka.co.uk/index.html

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Mitaka
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
Nope, All Wossner for me.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline dave916

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:13:39 PM »
Most two strokes {road and race}  in the uk run  Mitaka piston
 I Used to use them back in the 90s on a proddie 250s never had any issues
Most tuners in the uk  build motors with mitaka pistons http://www.fastbikesmag.com/files/2011/01/FBK238.ftwo_.pdf

D'ont think they make pistons for the kx5 but i was tempted to try one on the cr500
I have used there rods on kx but have not done enough hours to say how good they are

I Personally would prefer to use a genuine s4 rod  as it has  individually roller bearings on the big end and 3 lub holes on the small end side
Most aftermarket rods[inc wossner} have a 1piece big cage/bearing [far less roller surface exposed to oil}and only 2 oil holes on small end side        

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:59:35 AM »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Dutch-K5 Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »
Would like to try there clutch basket.

Dutchie
Proud owner of a KX500AF

Offline Duel

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 08:11:48 AM »
Most two strokes {road and race}  in the uk run  Mitaka piston
 I Used to use them back in the 90s on a proddie 250s never had any issues
Most tuners in the uk  build motors with mitaka pistons http://www.fastbikesmag.com/files/2011/01/FBK238.ftwo_.pdf

D'ont think they make pistons for the kx5 but i was tempted to try one on the cr500
I have used there rods on kx but have not done enough hours to say how good they are

I Personally would prefer to use a genuine s4 rod  as it has  individually roller bearings on the big end and 3 lub holes on the small end side
Most aftermarket rods[inc wossner} have a 1piece big cage/bearing [far less roller surface exposed to oil}and only 2 oil holes on small end side        

S4 ?

Offline LukeG

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »
Would like to try there clutch basket.

Dutchie

I bought a basket for my 250 but nothing to report on yet. The machining quality looks good and the anodising is smooth and even.
1990 KX250 - Wanna be road racer!
2007 DRZ 462 Motard

Offline Duel

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 01:35:15 AM »
I'm coming from a different kind of motorsport and am new to the KX500 but had my share of Wössner  :-(

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 05:05:02 AM »
I'm coming from a different kind of motorsport and am new to the KX500 but had my share of Wössner  :-(

Tell us your experience with Wossner.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 07:28:03 AM »

Tell us your experience with Wossner.

definitely...as I've had nothing but awesome results the past 3 1/2 years with Wossner.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Duel

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 08:18:26 PM »
As said my experience with Wössner is not KX related it's race car related , in this world Wössner is seen as B quality to put it mildly

For example compared to Mahle the piston quality is much much less they have to spray the coating to get a acceptable piston clearance , after a few hours the coating is gone....
We had pistons which had the pistonpin desaxation to the wrong side.
The conrods are breaking  the finish is terrible and the dimenstions are questionable therefor they all need a rebore to get it the bore's , lenghts and straightness right , I got one set out of a engine we got in which I didn't even dare to use.