Author Topic: Why??  (Read 2474 times)

zila

Why??
« on: July 17, 2005, 07:18:06 AM »
Hey, FNG here.. I been ridin dirt for over 30 years.. Lately I have become fixated on buying a 500 KX.. I found a new 04 KX5honee for $4500..  So lemme hear why you guys love em so much.. And what problems I can expect.  The good, the bad, the ooglee?

FWIW I have been riding open class bikes my whole life..

Offline Arigato

RE: Why??
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 07:23:05 AM »
The motor!!

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 12:09:57 PM »
POWERRRRR. Colour. Breeeze to ride. Fun all round $hithot bike. What else can one say... Aye guys?      Last for ever......   Just do it.  Live the dream.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

Kawadougie

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 04:36:12 PM »
Simple.  I've been riding & racing dirtbikes since the 1960's and no other bike can do for me what the KX500 does.  :D  Everything.  I can ride it slowly on tight trails and yet go so fast it almost makes my heart stop.  It has a comfortable wide seat and great suspension out of the box.  I never worry about gearing and I never run out of power or speed.  I rode a nasty 100+ mile enduro earlier this year where half the riders dropped out and I was able to finish because I could use the awesome motor to make up time and I could sit my old ass down and conserve energy.  Once you take care of some minor problems, (crappy chain and upper pipe mount) maintainance is practically zero.  Take some time to set it up for your needs and you will be a happy man.