Author Topic: Help with serial and model numbers .  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Wrangler1987

Help with serial and model numbers .
« on: December 14, 2015, 05:40:30 AM »
I recently picked up a couple of so called KX 500 rollers . I was looking a little closer at the model / VIN numbers today . One of the bikes is as follows JKAKXMF12JA001653 - model kx250f . The other is the one that concerns me . VIN on the frame tag is JKADXNE14KA002478 ( LAST DIGIT IS ROUGH BUT LOOKS LIKE AN 8 ) , VIN etched in the frame JKAKXMG11KA004110 which is different from the one on the frame tag and the model is DX200E on the frame tag . What do you guys make of this . From my understand is both bikes are KX 500's one is an 88 and the other is an 89 . The bike with the 2 different VIN's is the one I want to use . The model number showing DX200E kinds throws me for a loop . Both of these frames and plastics are identical . I have no engine parts right now but I am about to purchase a newer KX 500 engine . I have the newer frame media blasted and ready for prime/paint and some new odds and ends ordered from ebay . I just want to make sure these are actually KX 500 frames I am dealing with . The pics I find on the internet for kx 500 frame look identical to what I have here . Help Please !! Thanks folks .

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Help with serial and model numbers .
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 05:53:55 AM »
I really doubt you'll have an issue, with whichever frame you chose to use...if you can, post some good clear pics of the VIN#'s that you're concerned with.

I'm pretty sure I gave you the VIN# thread...but just incase I'm mistaken, here it is...

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,6492.0.html
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Wrangler1987

Re: Help with serial and model numbers .
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:15:38 AM »
Thanks for the quick response , I will have a look at the link . In the mean time I will try and get a pic of the VIN and model number that concerns me . This is a great site , lots of great topics and Q & A . Thanks .