Author Topic: Looking for a right side engine case  (Read 2469 times)

Dioxide211

Looking for a right side engine case
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:15:14 AM »
My bike fell off the stand in the driveway and the brake pedal punched a hole in the right side engine case  :x . Talk about a crapper. I am curious if anyone has an extra case laying around they would sell. I am going to load the bike up and take it to a local fabricator and see if I can get it welded tonight but even if it he can weld it I am going to be interested in an unbroken part to put on the bike, I will keep my patched piece as a spare. My bike is a 92. Thanks..............Dioxide

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 03:40:31 AM »
Fixing the case should be easy. My 87 right side case had hole in it from the brake pedal and the last owner fixed it with some kind of expoy. It's been holding up fine and on the outside it looks just like alumn. Look at my album work in progress first page their is a right side engine shoot. After you open picture click on it again to super size it. You can see how my looks just behind the oil sight window.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Dioxide211

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 05:44:04 AM »
I used JB weld for a temporary fix and works alright. I stopped my the machine shop on the way home and they said they can fix it no problem. I am still interested in a spare if anyone has one they would like to get rid of though

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 05:48:27 AM »
I did see one on ebay last week. I would keep an eye on ebay and see what pops up.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 12:45:02 PM »
My 92 had same problem. But if the repairer know what they are doing, you should'nt be able to notice. Its a fairly easy fix.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master