Author Topic: 1985 KX 500  (Read 2159 times)

Offline BookerT

1985 KX 500
« on: August 24, 2015, 09:02:52 PM »
Hi Guys
Am in South Africa living in johannesburg and just received a basket KX 500 from a fellow racer.
I want to rebuild it but I need parts like gaskets seals bearings as well as some plastics and seat cover, etc.
I have a contact who flies into the USA often and was wondering if you could get me hooked up with a reliable Kawasaki parts supplier near the New York area.
I want to rebuild it for Veteran moto cross and not concourse so it needs to be mechanically sound but still look fairly decent.
Having looked at what I have I need a new set of nuts and bolts as well as the rubber intake manifold carb/to reed block. It came with an aluminum home made piece.
Am an old time kawa fan raced 200's for ten years with great success and this looks like a challenge.
Help please if you can.
Thanks George Booker

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: 1985 KX 500
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum George!
I'll keep my eyes open...the kicker would be shipping costs.
unless you didn't need anything right away, you might be able to find some decent shipping prices.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ