Author Topic: Rear brake lever Mod  (Read 9013 times)

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Rear brake lever Mod
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 09:40:04 AM »
nice!...I'm gonna show this to my buddy, in case the press in SS collar he's making doesn't work out.
Keep us posted on how it holds up!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:27:05 AM »
KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:09 AM »
better?  :-D
KX 500 newbie

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:16:36 AM »
"mucho" better :lol:

Offline dirk_411

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
Pretty trick.  Be interested to see how that little bearing holds up, going to see a fair bit or leverage may exceed regular radial load.  Just wondering if you guys have tried the brake pedal return spring delete mod?  Go to fasst co and check out 2 things, the rear brake clevis and the return spring kit, it deletes the oem spring and looks trick.  Ive ran it on my tecate 4 for a couple years now, ordered a kit for a kfx450 if im not mistaken.  Holds up well

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
they look good...reasonably priced too.
I don't know anyone using them, at least that I'm aware of....wouldn't mind some feedback on them, if anyone has any to share...

http://www.fasstco.com/product/rear-brake-return-spring

http://www.fasstco.com/product/rear-brake-clevis

Offline dirk_411

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 09:33:04 AM »
I had to cut some length off my plunger because the clevis added more length than my old oem clevis assembly.  Other than that 10min job.  I think you can get different spring rates on those little springs,  just not sure if the different springs were available from fasst co or if I had them spec'd out from another company, it as a couple years a go now

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »
The bearing I used was a cheapo Chinese bearing so that I could see if I could make it work.
Even if it holds up for a few years I'll pop a new quality bearing in.

I've never tried one of the spring eliminators before but it looks like there is billet involved so I'll get one  8-)
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 01:35:33 AM »
does not seem like they have a clevis and spring kit for the k5  :| bummer i could really need something like that
KX 500 newbie

Motorrad

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 04:27:08 AM »
my rear brake lever has lots of play in it at the clevis...     does this bearing thinggy fix that?

Offline dirk_411

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 02:15:14 AM »
does not seem like they have a clevis and spring kit for the k5  :| bummer i could really need something like that

Pretty sure the kawie 450 clevis will work and the spring should fit any 1/2" bore master cylinder.   They never listed one for my tecate 4, only thing I had to do was shorten my plunger rod

Offline tobys 2 strokes

• My #2 son
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 03:48:37 AM »
I fixed mine by updating to a newer 450 pedal then you can also get some more billet bling and stops the pedal from wobbling around rubbing holes in my clutch cover.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 07:19:13 AM »
my rear brake lever has lots of play in it at the clevis...     does this bearing thinggy fix that?

It is so amazing it will also fix your handling problem, lack of power, poor riding skills, your bike will run cooler, no more rod knock, and make your house payment  :-P

Ready.... Get set....