Author Topic: 2000 kx 250 kicker???  (Read 2662 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

2000 kx 250 kicker???
« on: July 26, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
Went out riding today we rode for about 5 hours... But upon arrival I noticed a problem ... The cap screw that holds kicker on to shaft appeared to have been sheared off... I'm unsure how long it has been like that it was kind of dirty... I slid kicker on and rode all day it never slid off ... But I'm going to need to fix this hopefully I can get the remaining part of bolt out with an extractor...  Has anyone had similar issue and if so how screwed am I and if I can't get it extracted what are my options

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: 2000 kx 250 kicker???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:37:49 PM »
are you referring to the bolt that screws into the main kicker shaft/spline?...or the small screw that holds the kick pedal onto the boss?
either way, a little heat will be your friend...I would try to make a slot/groove in the busted bolt for a flat blade screwdriver and try to turn it out...it should come out relatively easily.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 03:02:13 PM »
Fox.... It's the bolt that holds the splines onto the main kicker shaft going into the cases....I can try to get dremel in there but it's broke off below the surface a little bit..... Won't heat damage kicker shaft seal... I may try to drill and extract it I'm just hoping for a positive outcome..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:04:22 PM by Rollingmenace »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 03:05:28 PM »
Won't heat damage kicker shaft seal...

that's why I said "a little heat"...
I still think it'll be a fairly easy job either way you decide to go...unless someone used red Loctite on it...then it could be a bit of a fight.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:09:32 PM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
Well I've tried everything... Couldn't get dremel wheel in to cut a sufficient notch.... Broke 6 drill bits and two easy outs... Also couldn't get anything substantial in there to mig onto the old bolt... I give up... Well not exactly but I do have a plan were going on a riding trip in a week and a half.... And I'm just gonna leave it until we get back... I've decided and ordered a new used kicker shaft Assy.. Once I get back I'll just pull side cover and replace Assy... I need to get a service manual but has anyone done this before and can give me a idea of how time consuming and tedious this is going to be