Author Topic: anyone have a stock 99-02 pipe theyd trade for a pro circuit pipe?  (Read 6565 times)

Offline Actionman

My 2000 came with a natural finish pro circuit pipe. It has a monster upper mid to top end hit, but i need a trail bike powerband lol. Anyone with a spare stocker who'd like to trade?

pipe has one noticible minor dent and a few little pea dents but is in good shape.

Offline KevinTwoStk

Re: anyone have a stock 99-02 pipe theyd trade for a pro circuit pipe?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:31 PM »
No pipe to trade, but what about trying an FMF Gnarly pipe?

The Gnarly produces the "trailbike" power you're describing, plus it's made with heavier-gauge steel and is nickel-plated as an added bonus.

I've seen the same scenario with the YZ250 2T pipe: PC traded for a stocker. More mid-and-top is not always better!

Offline Pmcg

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:06:09 PM »
I have a stock pipe. Where are you located?

Offline Actionman

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
Im in ky 41855. As to buying another pipe: i lost my job a few months ago (i worked in the coal industry, and the president has obliterated over 3000 coal jobs in my area since hes been in office), so i really just cant afford to buy another pipe outright. I actually traded my pro circuit r304 shorty silencer to a guy on vitalmx for a stock kx silencer to make the bike quieter. The pc pipe gives my bike a pretty sizable upper mid to top end hit- it never stops pulling on top! Id also trade to a fmf gnarly if anyone wants to. I still have a little low end with the pc pipe but i need strictly low end! I seldom get out of third gear on my trails. Its a fun pipe when i do hit a fire road though! Sings like a banshee :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:33:35 PM by Actionman »

Offline Hawgranch

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
I have a stock pipe, but has a small dented section that as far as I can tell has no affect on the power

Offline Actionman

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 11:38:11 AM »
I think pmcg and I are doing a trade. If something happens and we cant deal ill let you know.

Offline Actionman

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
Just wanted to show pics of my bike: I bought it a year ago for $200. It was disassembled in three milk crates and had sat under a shed roof overhang for 12 years.

After buying and hoarding parts for a year, this was the day i finished assembly. It took me literally two days and one night of non-stop assembly. Once i started assembly i didnt want to stop:

last week I trimmed the graphics ($25 ebay kit included shroud, fork guard and rear fender/swingarm stickers) because I wanted more plastic to show. It kind of gives it an old school look to my eyes.
Total cost counting the bike was only around $800. Everything in the engine is new, swingarm and link bearings are new, cables, brakes, wheel bearings, plastic and seat cover are new as well. I saved a ton by scouring ebay for deals. The only negative is that the pro circuit pipe has shifted my power to upper mid/top end. Im a slow, slow trail rider and the powerband as it sits is just not suitable at all for my use. Thats why i need a stock pipe :)

Offline ecdeyzel

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »
Just wanted to show pics of my bike: I bought it a year ago for $200. It was disassembled in three milk crates and had sat under a shed roof overhang for 12 years. After buying and hoarding parts for a year, this was the day i finished assembly. It took me literally two days and one night of non-stop assembly. Once i started assembly i didnt want to stop:
last week I trimmed the graphics ($25 ebay kit included shroud, fork guard and rear fender/swingarm stickers) because I wanted more plastic to show. It kind of gives it an old school look to my eyes. Total cost counting the bike was only around $800. Everything in the engine is new, swingarm and link bearings are new, cables, brakes, wheel bearings, plastic and seat cover are new as well. I saved a ton by scouring ebay for deals. The only negative is that the pro circuit pipe has shifted my power to upper mid/top end. Im a slow, slow trail rider and the powerband as it sits is just not suitable at all for my use. Thats why i need a stock pipe :)

WOW! $800, thats great! Well done. I bought my heap of junk for almost that. Was a rather big mistake because it was in a different city and asked my dad to check it out, who doesn't know anything about dirt bikes. I should have walked away, but was too excited. At least I am learning a ton more than I knew before and if anything happens in the future, I can pretty much do it myself. It forces me to learn as much as I can to keep costs down. Only thing that sucks is I don't live in the U.S. to benefit from the good ebay deals. You should post a video of riding your KX sometime if you can. Would love to see it in action.
2007 Suzuki DR650SE
1999 Kawasaki KX250 (Rebuild in Progress)

Offline Actionman

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 06:02:19 AM »
As for good deals, i got this 1990 rm125 and matching year rm80 for $150 from a friend. It sat in a garage for 20 years. I unfortunately sold both for a big profit.

Offline Actionman

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 06:06:21 AM »
I have a stock pipe, but has a small dented section that as far as I can tell has no affect on the power
Are you interested in a trade? Pcmr's pipe wont work, unfortunately

Offline Hawgranch

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 06:46:07 AM »
I would, just have to see if my GNARLY gets here tomorrow or Friday. After that I can ship it out. Pm me and I can send you a couple pics. Either email or text whichever you prefer

Offline Actionman

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »
Message sent. :)

Offline Actionman

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »
Pipe is still available. Couldnt work out anything unfortunately. I might be able to make do with a stock 99-01 cylinder head if anyone has a spare to sell. Mine was pitted by rod bearings and i had to machine it smooth- which probably lowered my compression to the point that its hurting my low end. I have noticed that the bike runs great on 87 octane lol. From what ive heard from others, a pro circuit pipe on a 2000 kx250 should still have decent low end, so ill try the head first