Author Topic: 2001 kx500 frame paint  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Jason

2001 kx500 frame paint
« on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:43 PM »
Hi everyone, can you please help. I have a 2001 kx500 which I'm restoring and am unsure of how the original frame and process was painted. Very new to this so please go easy.
Thanks jason

Offline b4himdude

• You gotta love to tinker
Re: 2001 kx500 frame paint
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:11:16 PM »
you know thats one subject i have not seen covered in any length at all here Jason. i once posted a question on how to find the paint code for my bike.  not much luck.  ive known people who sandblast em down then have them powder coated. good luck finding the right exact kawasaki green. ive heard theres some way to find a paint code for these bikes . but never have i been shown it.for all its worth tho rustoleum engine paint has a color spray paint "grabber  green". as well duplicolor also has this color  for the engine. this color is pretty close to the lime green kawasakii color. i think pj-1 has the actual color though.not cheap. im no painter so i dont want to say how to do professionally what i dont know as far as the exactly process. but im sure theres plenty of u-tube videos that will set you on the correct path. and i know youre looking to restore original but a black frame with black fenders  go really well with the green scheme. let me know what you find on the color. good luck.
hell ,i,m so broke . if it cost a nickle to take a s**t, id have to puke.....