Author Topic: How to compress the swingarm for correct chain adjustment on a KX500 ?  (Read 2034 times)

Offline kiwikx500

Howdy, I have all the info for correct chain adjustment,but want to know please how everyone in here compresses the swing arm to get it parrallel, I read of putting a tie down on the rear muffler mount, looks a pretty big spring to compress off this point ? Another method i read is to disconnect the bolt under the swing arm spring point,will I be able to re connect it again easy enough and not have to work hard against the spring ? Which actual bolt is it ? The one to the very rear of the spring swing arm point im thinking.  Cheers in advance  8-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 01:54:55 PM by kiwikx500 »
1990 KX 500

kix500

i just have some one heavy sit on my bike works realy well.

cory

Offline kiwikx500

You reackon parking the KX beast outside the doors of the local gym or jenny craigs would be the go,cheers Cory
1990 KX 500

Offline KXcam22

I have looped a tie down around the rim and over the rear fender to hold it in place.  When you get it parallel and adjust the chain, release it to normal then file a couple of grooves in the airbox mudguard, to mark the up/down range of motion for the chain. Then you can always adjust the chain perfectly with no guess work. Cam.

Offline kiwikx500

:mrgreen: Cheers sounds like a good idea and simple for the future,thanks
1990 KX 500