Author Topic: Zip Ty-Kit  (Read 4151 times)

delusionised

Zip Ty-Kit
« on: May 22, 2005, 06:56:01 PM »
Can anyone give me some pros and cons on this kit, It looks cool and i would like to buy it, Does it fit well? How is the power on that particular pipe, I read it was ceramic coated so that it retained heat for faster exhaust flow and more horsepower? Is it better than the fmf fatty?, just trying to figure out if its worth the 545.00 price tag, thanks for any input.

http://www.ziptyracing.com/display/eCommerce/productView.asp?ProductID=653&CategoryID=2185

mikesmith

Zip Ty-Kit
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 09:29:51 PM »
Youd have to do a search or look back a ways,but Rick has a write up on it.Had nothing but good things to say,and if you need new plastic,bigger tank and pipe all at same time makes the price not so bad.

delusionised

Zip Ty-Kit
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 05:18:46 PM »
got it thanks

Rick

Zip Ty-Kit
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 02:49:44 PM »
Well, after 3 years, I have given up on the ZipTy kit for the KX500.  I have been through 3 tanks in 3 years, and all three have cracked.  While ZipTy was helpful the first 2 times, they have not responded to my last email, so I guess I am done with the tank.  I really don't want to spend almost $300 every year to keep replacing my tank, to say nothing of the fact that the leak could set my 500 on fire when it decides to leak.  In addition, the second tank started leaking during a race.  Not good.  Unfotunately, I have two pipes for the ZipTy tank.  Guess I'll run these with my stock tank until I bend them.

Rick

mikesmith

Zip Ty-Kit
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 06:09:03 AM »
Ouch!Thats good to know,so are you getting a IMS tank nekt or Clarke?Just wondering since IMS makes the tank for Zip-Ty kit.

TomKat

Re: Zip Ty-Kit
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 12:43:04 PM »
 :? I've had this kit for two years with zero issues! I would definetly recommend.

Offline demographic

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:22 PM »
Unfotunately, I have two pipes for the ZipTy tank.  Guess I'll run these with my stock tank until I bend them.

Rick

So, you have two exhausts that (with minor modifications) are sutable for a KX500/KX250F hybrid...

Like Aregatos mate built here..

http://uk.msnusers.com/DemosKXpix/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=32

effzee

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 05:22:59 AM »
i too had a problem with my tank. it developed a crack around the fill spout after only a few months. they(IMS) replaced it for free and i believe they reworked the plastic around that area as i have not had any problems since. I really like the style of the kit and the oversize tank helps out here in the desert southwest. I  would recommend the kit for style alone even if you don't need the extra fuel capacity. 

Offline grtsctt

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 09:59:27 AM »
The zip tye tank is larger and hols more fuel I hear and in clear/white/natural only
I want a green 3.6 gal IMS tank, but my buddy has an old one 10-15 yrs old that turned puke green from the gas/sun I guess.
I know clear or black would fade less, and IMS says the white can be scrubbed with soft scrub cleanser, but I need a green one for my greenmachine.
I wonder if Clark is a closer kx green match than IMS, or maybe they have updated the ims color since the old days, or maybe he just left it in the sun toolong and stored it full of fuel????
I will have to compare my rad shroud to a new grn IMS befeore I buy, then I will decide.
Can anyone help.
I want one that is the color of the green stock tank.
Thanks