Author Topic: starting trouble  (Read 1821 times)

wallsjay

starting trouble
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:37:32 AM »
i have just got my bike out for the first time since the winter and it is a bitch to start, and the kicker is slipping once started the bike ran fine but then i couldnt start again.

It used to kick first time but now it wont after about 3 good kicks i have to leen the bike all the way over to drain the carb off then it will start this is a pain as its road bike and it is difficult to do in traffic any ideas thanks

Offline 5dracing

starting trouble
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 08:54:40 AM »
If you left the gas in over the winter you should clean the carb and put in fresh fuel. If you have the original fuel line, and me not knowing the age of the bike, the hose can actually swell shut.
The torch has been passed; Father to Son. He is faster!!!

wallsjay

starting trouble
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 05:39:26 AM »
i emptied the fuel out before putting it away when the piston is at the top of the stroke there is no compresion but there is at all other times any ideas?

thanks

mikesmith

starting trouble
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:00:16 PM »
I may not be much help but you should have the most compression at the top of the stroke.Your carbs fuel being old may have left enough residue in the pilot jet to make it smaller than it was,try cleaning it out.Then if your having a starting no compression problem after it sat may be the rings are stuck in the piston.