Author Topic: forks  (Read 5416 times)

Offline saki5ridr

forks
« on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »
Does anybody know if 2013 KX 450 F forks kyb's will fit 02kx5??

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: forks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
2013 KX 45 F forks will fit in 02 KX500 triple trees but you will need the front axle and front wheel, possibly the front brake caliper.
The calipers have the same hole spacing I just don't know about the offset.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 03:08:30 PM »
Then there is geometry.   :roll:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »
Did you ever get the front axle offset for the 97-04 kx500 forks?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:25 AM »
Did you ever get the front axle offset for the 97-04 kx500 forks?

Nope..  Need that info so I can run the numbers...  And inform everyone what they need to do to make it handle correctly...

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »
If some one gives me offset of newer forks.  I can guide everyone in the right direction to keep their stock trail numbers...

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,6712.75.html

Offline KXDINO

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Sorry guys , don't have numbers for you but I do know the 15 450 forks work well on std k5 , so I had a bit of spare time today , not really but I had a 13 450 sitting there doing nothing , so swap forks , wheel and brake on std k5 and went down the back were my track is , condition were dry as I didnt worry about watering my track as I wanted to see if this set up would wash out , that was good , next was to hit a 5th gear straight with sharp bumps on it , no dramas , so this set works , these modern forks make the bike stay up in the stroke better and absorb the bumps better to , both set of forks seem to make the bike turn better to , I would jump at the 15 set up as them forks have more scope for tuning , the only thing with my stock k5 it needs new seat foam as it feels like a lounge seat and the handlebars are a tad high , but I used to the newer kxs , it does make the rear shock feel pretty ordinary , but with some improved parts , right spring ,gold valve may be a newer shock it would be a huge advantage . Next weekend I hope to be testing my son new 16 kx450 , cant wait.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 06:23:35 PM »
Just to be sure I understood you right...
You used the 2013 KX450F forks and front axle.
You used the KX500 triple clamps, front brake caliper, and front wheel.
Is this correct?
What about the axle spacers?