Author Topic: Clutch Cable Issue!  (Read 3079 times)

KX4Life

Clutch Cable Issue!
« on: March 29, 2003, 02:51:08 AM »
The fitting on the engine cases that the clutch cable goes through is almost broken completely off. Has anyone seen this before? And if so are there and other alternatives for fixing it besides replacing the engine case? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ken

mikesmith

Clutch Cable Issue!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 08:42:01 PM »
Never heard of this problem,maybe some JB weld?

Rick

Clutch Cable Issue!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 02:19:34 AM »
It's aluminum, just have it welded.  I doubt JB Weld will work because of the force placed on the fix when pulling the cable.

Cases are very expensive.  Welding should cost about $25.  Get it done before it breaks off complete, and it will be a better fix.  As a note, never heard of this before.

Rick

KX4Life

Clutch Cable Issue!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 12:11:49 AM »
Yeah, Welcome to my nightmare!!! I bought the bike off of e-bay and the pictures did the bike way to much justice. The rims and brakes were shot.........completely. One of the chain adjust bolts was siezed, the rear brake pedal mounting bolt was broken off, the subframe was broken, both footpegs look like they came off something from Russia, the pipe was being held on by one spring and some strategicly placed safety wire.
    Needless to say the previous owner had no love for this wonderful piece of machinery. Since buying it I have repaired or replaced all of the above plus some. My black Excels or at the shop now getting new tires mounted. Which I happened to lace and true by myself which was very gratifying(before this I was a virgin). And I am just about down with phase one of the overhaul. Luckily the motor is extremely tight along with the suspension and all bearings.
What ya gonna do....I cannot not understand how some people can neglect somethings............