Author Topic: Hello from San Fernando Valley  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Kulapp

Hello from San Fernando Valley
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:39:27 PM »
Hey guys just got back into riding bikes again and loving my 03 kx. I started out on a old kdx 200 and then bought a new 03 250f when it came out. From there bought a 450x and had a ktm 450 for a bit. Ended getting into quads and sxs.

Almost ten years later my little guy started to ride so I though I'll pick up a bike and puttaround with him. Was contemplating to get a 4 stroke or try a 2 stroke for a long time. I finally thought a two stroke would be nice , light and easy to work on. Being out of shape and not on a bike for a bit looked at a nice RM but wanted to much for it.

I rode Mike Metzgers kx awhile back and remembered it was small and nimble so thought that is the bike to look for. And man is it. Found a 03 kx for 1300$ cleaned her up and got to ride it Tuesday at Gorman. It has to be the best and most fun bike I have ridden. I can't wait to take it out again.

Looking for any guys to go ride with old and slow. Let me know.

Thanks

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
Re: Hello from San Fernando Valley
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
   Stick around we may be going out soon I think we are ALL do for a ride soon. :roll:

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 03:45:05 AM »
   Stick around we may be going out soon I think we are ALL do for a ride soon. :roll:
I'm game

Fix your truck yet?

Offline Kulapp

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 05:43:00 AM »
Nice I'm always ready.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »
I'm game

Fix your truck yet?

In the shop as we speak...so far I have 2 bad injectors so this aint gonna be cheap lol.

Motorrad

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 09:24:45 AM »
Can't be as bad as buying one for my truck

Offline Kulapp

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 02:47:22 PM »
If it's the 7.3 injector they are fun to change. Not hard but takes some time. Riff raff diesel has a kit and a tool you can rent from them.