Author Topic: Dirt Bike Magazine Article  (Read 1969 times)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
Dirt Bike Magazine Article
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:28:30 AM »
In the June 2012 issue of Dirt Bike I just bought there is an article on the new Service Honda KDX200!!  Bitchen......and there is also a 5 page article on the life and times of the KX500 which they have pics of Tom Web testing the first 83 KX500, Mike LaRocco on his Championship winning KX500 and a picture of Ty Davis on the KX500 he rode to victory in the first 1996 Vegas to Reno with Paul Krause.....I know because I was there for both the picture taken and working the pits for Team Green!!!!  Check it out....good read!!
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline ramblnman

Re: Dirt Bike Magazine Article
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:52:59 AM »
just picked up a copy!! yeeehaw!! i did not know gaylon mosier rode a 500! that is awesome!! i first looked for a maico before i decided to get a kx 500.. when i was a kid my brother owned a maico i was a fan of Gaylon when he piloted the mighty maico's then my brother wheelied it into a tree and got rid of it figuring he was going to kill himself! which he probably would have if he kept it!(slow twitch muscle bound goliath that he was) i on the other hand got the hang of it pretty fast as i used to sneek it out when he was at work... i know,i know.. that was wrong of me... he thought that it was too much for me being just a kid and thought i would hurt myself if he let me try it. but i could not stand to just look at it not getting used enough!..i dumped it easy once learning you cannot come off a wheelie on tar and have the rear tire stick like a road bike turning in to  the trail!!!a little paint on the pipe and no one was worst for the wear.. but i would have been if he caught me!! i recently confessed to him when he came with me to pick up my 500...he never said a word... wonder if i should have told him about the times that i took his 70 1/2 z-28 out too!! hehehe!! anyway, now knowing that he piloted the green tractor makes me like my 500 that much more!    R.I.P Gaylon and all the other pilots of the widowmaker who have gone...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »
That is funny about sneaking your brothers stuff out. I did the same, being VERY careful to put it back exactly where it was, everything same same. When he got home the first thing he did was come up to me (BIG big brother) and say "Well, what did you think?". He never told me how he knew.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...