Author Topic: v force replacement reeds required, anyone??  (Read 6248 times)

Offline dan580,95 moto

v force replacement reeds required, anyone??
« on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:31 PM »
as per the full rebuild of my whole bike, i require new reeds for the vforce set up. all i can seem to find on net is v force 3. after looking at  a few posts on here everyone says stick with the v force 2, not sure if mine is a 2 set up, it just says v force on it in purple, the cage is grey and it has 8 petals inside it, can measure if req. also I'm after the torque spacer? found a moose one on ebay, any views?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: v force replacement reeds required, anyone??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 01:23:41 PM »
purple v-force tag and grey cage sounds like you have VF2's to me.
a pic would confirm it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:32 PM »
^ +1

Screws or no Screws in the cage? 12 petals or 8 petals?

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline RoostiusMaximus

• Millar Racing Engines
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 02:00:28 AM »
you need pedal set #2p127-1   :wink:

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 12:45:10 PM »
has 8 petals yes and has 4 screws in plus 2 long alen keys, i did find a company called JMC motorsports in usa but not 100% sure its correct kit, there part number is 59-6816 but looks to have 12 petals, as I'm in uk its hassle to send back if wrong, really wish i could work out how to post pics as have a full photo card of my bare frame rebuild thats going into its 3rd year now as being so picky with everything lol. getting close now though and once reeds in can hit the street as road legal. any help with posting pics be cool also. thanks. thanks for help, brilliant site.

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:27:19 AM »
checked above part numbers but seem to be for a 12 petal set up, mine is 8, anyone have any more clues. really dot want to go with the v force 3 and spacer, but need to get bike moving along for the summer to come

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
Dan,

It seems as you have the "KX250" Reed Cage. Look at the 250 cage reeds & let us know.

DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline dan580,95 moto

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 07:04:47 AM »
your a legend mate! bang on i found images late last night and i came to that conclusion but was not sure, u saying same thing has put my mind at ease, and idea why someone has done this? human error i guess or to increase torque, i always found that my bike was unable to rev like it being restricted, but put it down to it being bored and stroked, i guess now that i need to ditch the 250 set up as cage appears to be to small, hence not getting volume to rev.
as vf2 kx500 is unavailable, guess I'm stuck with vf3 and a spacer. unless by chance anyone on here has a vf2 set up for £££ i can buy.
makes me sad though as everyone on here goes on about vf2 being best set and vf3 no good.
cheers for help really appreciate it  :-D :-D :-D :-D