Author Topic: More Riding At. RAM  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

More Riding At. RAM
« on: February 08, 2015, 04:08:54 AM »
Beautiful day here in Colorado, weather sunny and close to 70 degrees... Decided to head out to RAM for some riding with a guy from work he is an ex motocross rider .. His name is Evan but we decided he should go by Nacho Rodriguez to match his number plate on his bike..

The day got off to an interesting start.. We ended up replacing my bent brake lever at the house checked the air in my tires loaded the bikes and off we went... Took the 15 minute drive to RAM  .. I pulled my bike off the trailer put it on the stand and noticed my rear tire was flat... Dang and the only thing I didn't bring was my air tank.. So I went and asked around to a few riders out there but no luck... So no big deal I'll just ride up to the shop that's righ out of the gate and get air there... At this time Nacho decided he wanted to double check his jetting so he pulled the plug and changed his jet his bike still on trailer.. Keep in mind his bike us new to him by about a week.. Well upon installing the the float bowl plug he started to turn it in ant the shoulder sheared right off p.o. Had aparrently over tightened it.... Crap Two Bikes Down..

At this point we decided to drive back to my house grab my air tank and hopefully in the crate of carb parts I have look for a bowl cap that will work....so get home grab tank fiddle with a schrader and air up my tire... Pull out the carb crate and low and behold I had a keihin bowl cap we tried it on his bike and it worked ... Back in business thank god I'm a hoarder for anything bike related ... RONUD TWO BACK OUT TO RAM...

We get back unload bikes and proceed to ride a bit took a couple laps on the big track and on small track , as well as a little free riding around park.. Ole Nachos bike was having some issues especially riolling throttle and running at about half to 3/4 throttle... Decided to head back to truck and investigate .. We did a little testing and tuning primarily on the needle height  after bout an hour we determined it was a tad rich dropped the needle one notch and it really cleaned it up...  Back in business

Had a great time riding rest of day.. Ride both big and short tracks and Nacho helped me with some tips  really helped boost my confidence on the bike... He even pressured me with a little instruction into hitting a decent sized double that had me chickening out and rolling most of the day... Great Success.... And I was jumping and clearing it in no time...  Heck I even passed a few people on the track ... Granted they were all under the age of ten and riding nothing bigger than an 80 lol... But then got humbled by this youngster on a kx60 that would come by me like I was standing still....... 

Bike ran great untill about 3/4 way through our day when I lost a fork seal.. I still ride it a bit but didn't want to overdue it.. Looks like once I wash her up I'll be taking it apart and having suspension done .. I'm gonna go for broke new valves springs seals ect set up specificly for me...  But what could I expect I outweighe the guy I bought it from by 100 lbs...

I'll post a few vids in next day or two for you all to enjoy .... OH AND BTW.. Only one spill for the day .. At one of the two places at track that was still muddy... But no biggie lousy stuffed a front tire and tiped over.....DID I MENTION I HATE MUD

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: More Riding At. RAM
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »
nice!...is that a '70 or '71 El Camino a$$ end I see in the garage?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »
nice!...is that a '70 or '71 El Camino a$$ end I see in the garage?

That's a 71 I have two elkys... Both 71's  the one in garage just got a motor swap today it's running a gmpp crate 350 with a cam only 25k on motor the car has a Borg Warner T10 four speed .. Long tubes and some other goodies .. It's most likely going up for sale soon.. It needs a little work but is a nice running and driving project

My other 71 is a SS 454 big block car .. It needs just detailed up but is a nice ride everything gone through with a frame off rebuild about 8 years ago ..

Here's a pic from today looking out garage .. The 51 ford is basicly my daily driver.. The chev belongs to my friend Brandon who helped with the swap....

Here's the motor in the car

Here's my SS she a little dirty in pic

I also have a 52 ford f3 truck that will be in the shop by end of month .. It's apart now but it is getting built complete frame off (street Rod) style cloned to a f1 .. With jag front suspension.. 4 link rear 302 HO powered (explorer roller motor) AOD trans... Power everything a/c you name it it's going to be for my girlfriend she don't know it yet but once it gets here I'm planning on proposing .. She has put up with my crap for 6 years so it's about time

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:47 AM »
sweet...I've always loved the ole heavy Chevy's of that era.
my 1st car was a '72 Monte Carlo with a built 350/325HP...there was so much room in it, and under the hood.
My 2nd car was a '75 El Camino with a small block 400/400 Turbo that I bought off my uncle who was the original owner when I was 20yo...I cammed that thing out, and man it would smolder a tire forever!...unfortunately, I beat the thing into the ground until it barley ran, then sold it for $500 bucks. At that time, I was becoming more interested in 4x4 trucks...but I would love to get another old Monte or El Camino to cruise around in.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ