Author Topic: 2nd Ride Ram Offroad Park Colorado  (Read 9405 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

2nd Ride Ram Offroad Park Colorado
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
Well I decided to go today figure the more seat time I get the better.. what a muddy soupy mess... It seemed it was more work then fun but what can you do.... I rode the longer of the moto style tracks... it seemed most everybody was having a hard time but there were a few guys that were absolutely ripping.. Most of everybody else were having some issues..

Myself I managed to only crash out twice.. both times were coming out of uphill corners and I just spun a 360 and fell in the mud.. even though it was bad I feel im getting a bit more confident on the bike I was hitting some of the jumps a little harder, at least the ones I could get a good drive up to..  I did tweak me knee a little bit but it should be fine in a day or two... this getting old stuff stinks lol.. I took a few pics of the bike..

Also took some video this one is 12 minutes long .. basicly two laps around.. don't pick on me too much this is the second time ive ridden this bike and  probably the 3rd time ive ridden in the dirt in about 15 years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13uF2rBTInw

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
Re: 2nd Ride Ram Offroad Park Colorado
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:34:03 AM »
I think you were doing well, especially considering you just got back on a bike, the track was a soupy mess, and it was cold enough to have snow on the track.  I applaud you for even getting out on the track in those conditions.  I would have been home on the couch drinking a hot beverage.   :-D
Perhaps I have a dirt bike addiction?

03 KX 250/88 KX 525/2017 KX250F - Goliath
17 KX250F/04 KX250
04 KX 250 - Lunchbox's Bike
05 KX 125/144

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 02:40:54 AM »

how'd that new rear brake line work for ya?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 02:44:03 AM »
I would have been home on the couch drinking a hot beverage.   :-D

Oh, what hot beverage would that be?  :lol:

Looks like a fun track if it was about 40 degrees warmer  :-o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:49:03 AM by sandblaster »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 03:09:21 AM »
Thanks guys .. I just feel a lot slow lol... I could post up videos on my trikes at the dunes and you wouldn't think this is the same guy...  ...

THE NEW BRAKE LINE . Worked out great it even fit correctly once I read the instructions provided with the kit and rotated the banjos correctly.. I was impressed I'll be ordering the front from them once I get to replacing it... The customer service was top notch once I had an issue the tech that assembles the lines called me and sent pictures...

The weather wasn't realy that bad... It was 52 degrees out but we had a really heavy snow earlier in the week it was in high 40 low 50  fri sat Sunday and today .. There talking snow again wednesday

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 03:10:17 AM »
I drank a few beverages once I got home ... Had to medicate that knee

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 03:13:03 AM »
I drank a few beverages once I got home ... Had to medicate that knee

what'd ya have...some of this? :-D...

or somethin stronger?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:37 AM »
Well truth be told.. A few beers and possibly something just as strong.. I do have a 7.5 gallon stainless and copper contraption that makes an appearance ocassionaly

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »
Well truth be told.. A few beers and possibly something just as strong.. I do have a 7.5 gallon stainless and copper contraption that makes an appearance ocassionaly

hehe...yeah, there's a couple members here that have similar contraptions as well...

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,8554.0.html

Offline umberto

• Administrator
  • First Ride 02-02-19
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »

At about 65 degrees that track would be awesome for sure.  As for a beverage, I would probably have to try a few different ones just to make sure I had the right one.   8-)
Perhaps I have a dirt bike addiction?

03 KX 250/88 KX 525/2017 KX250F - Goliath
17 KX250F/04 KX250
04 KX 250 - Lunchbox's Bike
05 KX 125/144

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 02:52:02 PM »

At about 65 degrees that track would be awesome for sure.  As for a beverage, I would probably have to try a few different ones just to make sure I had the right one.   8-)

The whole park is nice tons of riding .. That is the larger of the two mx style tracks .. There is lots of other terrain to ride... The park hosts events such as ultra4 rock races.. And the CORCS series races which are similar to a gncc or hare scramble type race.. That is why I bought the bike to try and compete in the Vet C class... Last time I raced out there on my quad it was about a 8 mile circuit....  I'm going to try and get out to practice at least on a weekly basis... And it's only 15 minutes from the house