Author Topic: First test ride on my KX  (Read 4593 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

First test ride on my KX
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:57:56 PM »
Well took the new to me 99kx out to a local riding spot... All u can say is wow I can deffinitly tell I haven't been on a bike in the dirt  in years... Felt like a baby deer trying to walk the first time... Timid , apprehensive, and all over the place.... Bike ran great I even managed to get some decent air on a few of the jumps... This place was just groomed so all the mx tracks and trails were nice.. I got a little cocky on one step up table top and really caught big air I landed fine but still scared the bejesus out of myself.... Was a great day with the bike running flawless until the end I came over a little roller jump heading to a big bermed 90 deg left... I went to hit the rear brake to set the rear and nothing I actually had a second to look down to make sure I wasn't missing the pedal and nope..... I scrubbed speed with the front brake and actually washed the front tire out but managed to keep it upright.... Limped back to trailer... I made a mistake by not bringing any tools with me so I loaded up and headed to house ... Cleaned up bike and started checking.. Turns out the stock rear brake line is bad and leaking fluid.... Scarey stuff but that's how it goes... Ordered a new custom line... Should be here by next weekend.  :-D

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: First test ride on my KX
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:10:16 PM »
sounds like you had good time....who did you order the brake line from if you don't mind me asking?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:03:16 AM »
It was an ebay seller that does custom lines its a SS line with kawi green coating and purple anodized banjos new SS bolts and washers..  It was like 65 shipped...   But I have ordered a ton in the past from American Star out of Utah

I looked the line is a core line...By best mx
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:14:32 AM by Rollingmenace »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 04:37:52 AM »
ok...I ask because I've been thinking about putting a SS rear line on my '00 250.
I bought a front  SS Streamline from Rocky Mtn a few weeks ago to go with the CRF front master I put on it, and so far it's great...though it looks like a boot-legged Galfer...super strong braking compared to the stock Kawie's set up.

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
Got some more goodies in this week... First order of business replace bad rear brake line...  Here's the new line I live how it looks and is built... The only issue is that the banjo fittings differ from the stock fittings I contacted the seller to see what response I get ... Otherwise it's on and I got rear brakes again...

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 04:24:43 PM »
Also got my number plates in from de cal works... I got them on and am excited.. Been cold here this week but it's gonna be in 50's all weekend heading to RAM on Sunday to get some more practice and track time on the bike

Stay tuned for more ride updates