Author Topic: Linkage Question  (Read 1725 times)

Offline GDubb

Linkage Question
« on: April 17, 2005, 06:22:59 AM »
Is there anyone who either has, or has the ability to get detailed pictures of the shock lingage area?  With my bike broke (and stuck) the way it is, its hard to tell what is broke or missing so I thought if i could see some pics of the linkage in good condition and in working order I could compare and see what is messed up and maybe how to fix it.  I think I'm going to have to pull the entire swingarm just to dislodge the shock.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline Arigato

Linkage Question
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:03:36 AM »
Does this help?

Offline GDubb

Linkage Question
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 05:15:34 PM »
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks alot man! I appreciate it.
At first glance it looks like the bottom shock bolt came out, the center part of the linkage that the shock bolts to is sticking straight up along the shock shaft and has the bottom of the shock jammed all the way rearward against the part of the swingarm that the rear linkage bolt goes through. If that makes any sense. Looks like all I'll have to do is un-jam everything and get a new bottom shock bolt...   and some Loctite!  Hopefully nothing was too messed up in the process and I'll be back on the sand by next weekend! I've only owned this thing for three months and this was only the second time I got to ride it.
By the way, I love your bike, Arigato. I get on here sometimes just to see if you've added any new pics.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to afford a total rebuild over next winter and as fun as this bike is in the sand, I might just build this bike exclusively for sand in which case I will be doing alot of polishing and powdercoating.  Seeing how beautiful your bike is turning out is giving me a serious nudge in that direction. Thanks Again!
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Linkage Question
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 12:23:07 AM »
Quote from: GDubb
Seeing how beautiful your bike is turning out is giving me a serious nudge in that direction. Thanks Again!

Me too. I just had a lockup and have the motor off in IL to have a total rebuild. But, since I have the frame apart, I'm going to push for a white frame with b lack plastics. not sure yet though, I need to find me a black stock tank.  Anyhow, I've had the same issue GDubb, except my lower linkage fell apart, which sucked cause it costed me a swingarm and linkage assembly. Goodluck with the linkage.

Offline Arigato

Linkage Question
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 02:39:14 AM »
I'm glad I could help.  The more tricked out KX500's we have out there, the better. Long live the TRUE open bike!!!